Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

imessage free

ggr
4: Newbie

hi, my friend is on vodafone and gone to the philippines. he has no wifi but imessages are coming through as blue, does that mean the messages are free or is he paying for use of phone abroad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ggr 

You are able to call, text or imessage to anywhere in the World, as this will be to a UK mobile number, it will be covered by your allowances.

If your friend is not using Wifi there will be a data charge and this will depend if your friend is PAYG or pay monthly.  See here:  How much does it cost to use my device abroad? 

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

Hi @ggr 

You are able to call, text or imessage to anywhere in the World, as this will be to a UK mobile number, it will be covered by your allowances.

If your friend is not using Wifi there will be a data charge and this will depend if your friend is PAYG or pay monthly.  See here:  How much does it cost to use my device abroad? 

BandOfBrothers

Yes  is the answer.

as imessage is between apple devices so they don't use your text allowances @ggr 

Its sent via data.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

If the OP has no wifi, then it's using data, and charged £6 every day they use any data to send a free iMessage