Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Asus ZenFone 8 data

Jammyd123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I've just moved my sim into a new Asus ZenFone 8. Received a text from Vodafone telling me to visit https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/set-up-your-phone-for-internet/ in order to set up data. However Asus isn't listed as one of the possible manufacturers?

Thanks

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jammyd123 

Vodafone usually send a text when you place the SIM in the phone with the configuration settings.

If Vodafone have changed this and are now linking to device support, text WEB to 40127, you will then receive the configuration settings by text.  You can also find the settings on the link below to enter manually.

How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging (MMS) 

If you have any problems, contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels, they should be able to send the settings to the phone.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @Jammyd123 

Vodafone usually send a text when you place the SIM in the phone with the configuration settings.

If Vodafone have changed this and are now linking to device support, text WEB to 40127, you will then receive the configuration settings by text.  You can also find the settings on the link below to enter manually.

How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging (MMS) 

If you have any problems, contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels, they should be able to send the settings to the phone.

Thanks Ann

The text didn't work but Vodafone support provided me details to add a new APN. Unfortunately the option to add or edit an APN doesn't seem to be available on the phone.

Do you think this could be Vodafone specific or more to do with the manufacturer setup?

BandOfBrothers

Not sure if this might help @Jammyd123 

How to set an Access Point Name. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks Band Of Brothers. I realised I'd put the sim in the sim2 slot. Once I moved it over I could then add the APN which is now working. 😀