Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Downloading PDF Bill using My Vodafone

TWF
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When using the My Vodafone app and clicking ‘view your PDF bill’ on my Android 10 phone, it downloads the pdf, but when I try and open the file in Download Manager, I get the error in Adobe that ‘The document cannot be opened because it is corrupted or damaged’. I can download the PDF in Chrome or Edge, however, is this a known problem and is there a solution please?

25 REPLIES 25

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, I've just tried to download a PDF of my bill and had no issues, it looks any issues we may have had have been resolved. Please try doing this again and let us know if you're still having any problems and what errors you're getting. We'll by happy to take a closer look into this and get everything back to normal.

Thanks Mark. I just tried to download the pdf and I still have the same error. The error is reported in Adobe as 'Error The document cannot be opened because ir is corrupted or damaged'. I'm using a Sony Xperia 5 and Android 10, all up-to-date.

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm still getting the same issue.  I've also discovered that the app won't connect over mobile data, only wifi.

I have a query in with the Social Media team on Twitter, so we'll see what happens.   My first inclination would be the delete data on the app and set it up again, but I don't want to do that while the mobile data issue persists as it requires this for setup.

Dear Vodafone,

I am logged into my Desktop. I am looking at my latest bill that was created on the 21st April 2020. When I press the button view your PDF file, it is generating a corrupt PDF file. Its generating a file  with the name:

=_UTF-8_Q_MyVodafoneBill=5F2020-04-20=2Epdf_=.txt

Your system is generating a .txt file which is corrupted and not viewable.

It should be a gererating a xxxxxx.pdf file. See the attachment

Please resolve as your help team have no clue as to what I am talking about and also get this bug resolved.

Thank you Quiver09

vod_err.jpg

For some reason it is not correctly displaying the attachmenmt?

Everytime you load the image it blanks it out ..😫

hrym

There's an issue with doing the app - I'm affected myself, but I was able to get my bill from thr website earlier this week.   FWIW, it's exactly the same issue you're reporting.

Please talk to the Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter and get this reported.   They'll probably ask you to try various things and it's unlikely any of them will work.   However, bear with it as they'll then report the matter upwards to be investigated.   The more of us do this, the more seriously it'll be taken.

When you engage, include a link to this thread so that you don't have to repeat yourself - especially the helpful screenshots.

Hi Mark

I tried yesterday and today to download a pdf copy of my bill but having no joy. Can you get the team to have another look at this please. I tell it download and then it requests to open or save - on open nothing at all happens and when saved it saves as a txt document which is pretty useless.

Thanks

hrym

I've reported this via the Social Media team on Twitter.   Please can you do the same as the more of us there are, the more traction it'll get.

There's now a thread on the Pay Monthly board here from someone who's getting the identical issue with the website.

hrym

Update.   My online account has been reset and I've re-registered, but the problem persists.   I am pursuing this with the forum team.