Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Force Stop

aqeeluk
4: Newbie

Does Force Stop on apps enable battery to save ?

Does anyone know any tips on saving battery ?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @aqeeluk 

Force Stop stops the app in question from not working until you launch it again.

In regards to battery tips this is what I do on my phones.

• Dark Wallpaper.
  • Dark Mode.
  • I disable Google Chrome as this has the capability to be a resource hog and so I use my stock Samsung Internet App.
  • My screen resolution is set to FHD.
  • I do not use Auto-Brightness. Mine is set to around 50%. 
  • My email is set to fetch every 15 minutes. People set to push so the phone periodically checks for new email which can use more battery. 
  • I have my display to time out after 5 minutes but can be changed to further save juice. 
  • I turn off vibrate settings. 
  • You can put most apps to sleep or in Android 10 on my Samsung deep sleep too..
  • Do not let the battery go below approx 15% as this can cause issues with it. 
  • Check what's working in the Background and alter preferences settings to suit.
  • Low Network Signal will use more battery as the phone works harder to maintain Network Connection.
  • Check your location settings.
  • Check Battery Stats and Usage to see if a particular App is using high amounts of juice.
  • I do not sideload Apps via Apk as these can sometimes be poorly coded and use lots of battery along with other potential issues such as viruses etc.
  • Apps such as Facebook are resource hogs as they continually work in the background to bring site updates.
  • Look at the Notification Settings.
  • Check out any battery optimisation built in feature.
  • Check that Apps are up to date.
  • Check that the phone's firmware  / software is up to date.
  • Some people regularly close down apps in the multi tasking. Personally i let my phone carry out this procedure if it needs to. Re launching apps can use further resources.
  • Turn off the Battery % indicator that shows in your phones status Bar so your not continually looking at it and enjoy using your phone.  :Winking_smiley:

I hope some of these work for you too.

🌈Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @aqeeluk 

If you are using a Samsung phone, I would recommend following the advise from Samsung here:  How To Save Your Smartphone's Battery 

This advise would be the same for all Android phones.

edited to add:  @aqeeluk The official advise from Huawei is here: How to maintain battery health - Huawei 

Thanks all for the answers

Anyone anymore tips?

I'm an owner of a Huawei 

BandOfBrothers

@aqeeluk 

A Google Search will bring up lots of battery saving tips.

Personally I'm of the opinion that I do not buy a phone that has lots of useful features etc to then turn them off to save a bit of juice  :Winking_smiley:

Enjoy your phone.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I have a Huawei tablet that periodically tells me that apps are using battery in background and offers to close them (this is through notifications).  Is that what you're seeing?

On any device, if you go into Settings and Power, you can drill down and see what's using your battery.   Apps can be stopped from doing things in background (news and weather apps, for instance, often refresh themselves quite frequently by default and a simple adjustment to their own settings can reduce this).

Do you have an issue with battery life?  If so, how long have you had the device?  It's possible that the battery is simply gettnig towards the end of its life.   Getting warm in use, or recharging suspiciously quickly can be an indication of that.