cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Z Fold 3 - Any idea when there will be stock?

steviec
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I pre-ordered my Galaxy Fold 3 and was told that it would be delivered today. However when I checked yesterday it hadn't been dispatched and the online agent was only able to tell me that it's out of stock and my order would be dispatched when some stock was available. 

I'm not impressed as I was told when I ordered i'd have it on release day.  The website is now saying 3-4 weeks, is this how long i will wait or are back orders likely to be delivered sooner than this?

Has anyone else had this issue?

65 REPLIES 65

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately even those that pre ordered directly with Samsung are also now receiving text messages advising their delivery dates are being pushed back so I'm not surprised this is also starting to have a knock on effect on orders placed via the Networks.

One school of thought is the issue with acquiring chipset's etc to assemble phone's which isn't just affecting Samsung models.

Totally appreciate your feeling let down and I wish you all the best with this in that you receive the phone ASAP @steviec 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Any news on when the Fold 3 will be available?

Website is now showing 4-5 weeks - an absolute joke!

BandOfBrothers

Hi @aide199 

I appreciate how disappointing it is when something goes on delay.

Supply and demand is usually the culprit !

Also this time around it has been noted that some manufacturers, Samsung included have encountered issues with supply of materials such as chipsets etc.

Some people have been given delivery dates and then have had a quicker delivery however there's no guarantee of this !

On the flip side delivery dates can be also delayed.

The Fold³ and Flip³ have certainly generated lots of interest and orders being Samsungs new flagship phone's.

The phone can be purchased from Samsungs Online Store however I'm not sure what their lead time is as I've not placed an order for one …… yet :Winking_smiley:

But that said even those that pre ordered directly with Samsung have had their deliveries pushed back.

Right now the offer of the free starter kit if the Fold³ is ordered before December 21 is certainly tempting.

Are you looking at placing an order or is the lead time putting you off @aide199  ?

Current Phone  >

Hi,

I’ve already placed an order

BandOfBrothers

Ok @aide199 

So if the lead time wasn't at 4 week + when you initially placed your order then you'll be in a queue waiting for a unit to be allocated.

Hopefully you won't be having to wait what's being shown on the website for new orders  🤞

edit.

Lead time on the Samsung Online Store website is around 24th of September 2021 for the Samsung Fold³ 256Gb Phantom Black.

Current Phone  >

I've just had confirmation that my phone has been dispatched and should be with me Monday. So hopefully you won't have to wait too long. 

Hi, When did you order yours?

thanks in advance 

It was on the Wednesday before launch day. 25th August.