Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Google Pixel 3XL - Incoming call unable to pick up or stop

markdathorne
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My phone recently started to get an incoming call from the current caller EITHER while I am on a current call  OR just after hanging up. The screen becomes unresponsive so I cannot pick up or decline the call. The only solution then is to reboot the phone.

I did a complete phone reset two nights ago but the issue has returned today. 

Any suggestions please.

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I had a slightly similar issue with my first Android phone and I suspected the screen protector might have been the problem. I've never used one since - just a wallet-style case.   If you have a screen protector, try removing it and see if that resolves the matter.

Many thanks for your reply but I don't use screen protectors - never quite got on with them.

I've now submitted the phone for repair as the problem is unmanageable especially while I'm looking for work & taking phone interviews, etc.

Kind regards

Give credit where credit is due. In the midst of quite a few complaints on this forum recently, I can happily conclude that my replacement phone arrived today. Ok, there was some frustration as the repair tracker site failed to show any movement from the initial drop-off point at the store so even up to yesterday morning - some 12+ days after booking in the repair - it appeared to be awaiting collection!! Shortly after popping into the store, I got confirmation that the phone was on its way so imagine my surprise when yesterday afternoon I receive notification that the phone had just been received at the repair destination & even further surprise when a replacement phone popped thru my mailbox today!! Well done, Vodafone. One happy customer here.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's fantastic news @markdathorne! Sorry about the mix up with the online updates, but I'm glad to hear you've got you phone back 😁