Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app not working at all

jennycut123
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, the My Vodafone app is not working for me at all. When I try to open I get error code 8401 but am unable to find anything on Google relating to this error code. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. 

Tried clearing the cache and the data. 

I'm using a Samsung S21 Ultra 

It's been like this for at least a week, possibly more. I am unable to access any feature on the app at all. Can anyone please help? 

10 REPLIES 10

MarkD

Hi @jennycut123, we may need to get raised to our back office team to get the My Vodafone app up and running again. If you can send us a message on Twitter or Facebook and include a screenshot of the error, our team will be happy to help. All the contact details can be found here

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Just a quick thought: you've tried connecting over mobile data rather than wifi, haven't you?

I'm having the same problem with the app. The splash screen appears briefly and then it just shuts itself. I was using it fine previously so I assume there's been an update to the Android version that's broken it... I've tried it with wifi and mobile internet but the same thing happens.

I'm on Sony Xperia 5 II.

I ended up sending a DM to the Twitter team who apparently raised it with the back office team and it was working within a day or so. Might be worth a try. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

There have recently been some updates to our app @JasonR7. To make sure you're using the most up to date version, please try deleting it and re-installing it through the Google Play apps store. if this doesn't work, pop us a private message through our social channels and one of our team will take a look 👀 When you message us, including a link to this thread and your community ID will save you having to repeat yourself and explain your issue again.

Thanks @Mark - uninstalling and then re-installing did the trick (even though it was the latest update already).

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's great news @JasonR7 🎉 If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to get in touch.

jennykim
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

@jennycut123 wrote:

Hi, the My Vodafone app is not working for me at all. When I try to open I get error code 8401 but am unable to find anything on Google relating to this error code. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. 

Tried clearing the cache and the data. 

I'm using a Samsung S21 Ultra 

It's been like this for at least a week, possibly more. I am unable to access any feature on the app  at all. Can anyone please help? 

about a couples of days ago i was also facing same issue i have searched google for this error but i didn't find any solid solution for this so i tried a trick of unistalling and reinstalled it then surprisingly it works.

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content please see Community Guidelines

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jennykim - thanks for sharing that the uninstall and reinstall has fixed it for you! If you need help with anything else then please pop back to us here  😊