Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Hands free phone calls

Gerdre
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just purchased a new Xperia L4 but cannot connect it to my VW car's Bluetooth. It appears not to be compatible with my car's Bluetooth so I cannot use it hands free whilst driving. My old Xperia 5 was perfect.

What can I do before I have to return it to Vodafone.?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Gerdre 

This is probably due to the car more than the phone, VW need to do a software update for the car bluetooth, you should then be able to connect. If you contact VW they should be able to do this for you and it certainly should be done at the next car service.

Understandably, due to the current situation, this may be difficult.

BandOfBrothers

My suggestion is to Google for a car forum of people who use similar car models to you and ask the question there too @Gerdre 

Perform a forum search as there maybe advice or workarounds in there too.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

There were quite a few threads regarding Bluetooth issue with VW Group cars a few years ago.  Their system seems to be quite old and does have compatibility issues.   A friend was quoted several hundred pounds for what should be a fairly simple software upgrade.

@MyGroundBiz wrote:

There were quite a few threads regarding Bluetooth issue with VW Group cars a few years ago.  Their system seems to be quite old and does have compatibility issues.   A friend was quoted several hundred pounds for what should be a fairly simple software upgrade.

Thank you very much for your hard work.