main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

How can I recover my deleted photos from Android phone?

2: Seeker

Hello, I need help! I just factory reset my Android phone by accident and all photos on my phone were gone, I need to recover them, how can I recover lost photos from Android phone due to factory reset? 

View more options
36 REPLIES
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You can restore your photos from the last backup you made of the device.  This may be via your Gmail account, or online cloud storage, or by data you copied to your computer. If you have an SD card, you may find the photos on there

If you don't have a back up of the photos and they were on the phone itself, then I'm afraid you have lost them as a factory reset completely wipes all data from the device. 

PWIAC

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hello @Junnilly and Welcome to the eforum. 

Im sorry to hear what's happened and hope as mentioned by drey_p that you have one of those backups to recover from. 

If you do not then perhaps Google ' Can I recover photos after a Factory Reset' and you will see options to look into that may / may not help recover the lost data. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

I have no backup with Gmail or other backup program, I don't want to lost my important data, please help !!! :womansad:

View more options
Hi, as explained if you have no back up then they are lost, there is no way to recover them.
View more options

Check Dropbox or OneDrive, those apps will ask you to import phone photos once your phone being connected to the same computer. If not, check this tutoiral (recover deleted photos on S5).  There are a couple positive reviews about the program. You should have it a try.

View more options

rearummel wrote:

Check Dropbox or OneDrive, those apps will ask you to import phone photos once your phone being connected to the same computer

I use DropBox too which is a good online vault. 

However a person must have already downloaded it and set it up to have photos etc uploaded to it. 

The Op has carried out a reset which will have removed / fragmented the photos. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
The only hope the OP has is if they unwittingly backed the photos up, they should look (if they haven't already) at Google photos/Picasa and any other similar apps they had on their phone.

Doesn't help much now but it does show the need to keep multiple backups of your important data.
View more options

The photos should be on Dropbox server(or other cloud storage) even he/her reset the phone.

View more options
Hi @rearummel that's true if the OP saved the photos there, but it isn't automatic, it needs to be set up to do that. It sounds like they haven't done that.
View more options

Junnilly wrote:

I have no backup with Gmail or other backup program, I don't want to lost my important data, please help !!! :womansad:

Please take a look at this post as it tells you everything you need to know. 

PWIAC

View more options

Always sad to hear about people losing valuable data, especially when there's no need for it. All OSs have multiple ways of backing up photos but they all need a little human intervention. Also they usually need a Wi Fi connection and possibly need the phone to be connected to a power source to backup properly.

The most insecure place in the world to store important data is a mobile phone - they can break, get wet and stop working, be lost or stolen or, as in this case, be accidentally wiped.

I would think that these photos are in data heaven.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

I didn't back up my phone to Dropbox or OneDrive or other place, can I still recover my lost photos from Android phone? Any suggestion?

View more options
Hi, sorry but there are no further suggestions.
View more options

Junnilly wrote:

I didn't back up my phone to Dropbox or OneDrive or other place, can I still recover my lost photos from Android phone? Any suggestion?

If you didn't make a backup then there is no way of getting your data back.  This has been said multiple times in this thread.

PWIAC

View more options

Always remember to make a copy of your data on your computer. Then, you still have the chance to recover deleted photos with related recovery tools. Plug your phone with PC and run the program.

View more options

This is an old thread, but it does serve to emphasise the importance of backing up important data.   Electronic devices and storage can, and eventually will, fail for one reason or another.   Any data that doesn't exist elsewhere will be lost - indeed, Schofield's Law predicates that data that doesn't exist in at least three places doesn't exist at all.

There are cloud services that will back up photos automatically, as long as you set them to do so.  Dropbox offers a small amount of space free and is a useful way of transferring pictures to a computer if you install it there as well.  Google Photos offers unlimited free storage in what they call "high resolution", which isn't the same as full res, but is adequate for most purposes.   I use both so that I'm not relying on just one.

Contacts on an Android device should be sync'd with Gmail and should restore when you sign back into the device.

Other files need to be copied manually and, again, Dropbox and Google Drive are convenient (and can both be used as intermediaries for transfer to another device).

Android has no undelete option so, if you delete something by accident, it's gone.  There are, however, recovery apps that you may be able to use.   The first thing is not to use the device until you've tried this, to avoid the space occupied by the lost file being over-written.   This means not even installing the undelete app.   Instead, find something that'll run on a PC, install it there and then connect the phone by cable.   Run the program and set it to scan the phone as external storage and you may be lucky. 

There are also data recovery services which charge according to the complexity of the job (some can even work with a shattered hard drive), but they're not cheap.  Backing up is free.

View more options

Don't worry. I had the same experience with you. But now I find a handy tool to solve this recovery problem. So I recommend you a piece of software, Android Data Recovery. It can help you recover your photos.

Hope you can restore all your pictures as soon as possible.

View more options

Bear in mind that any activity with storage after a deletion risks over-writing what you're trying to recover.   This includes installing the recovery software itself.  Wherever possible, try to run recovery from another device (eg a PC) with the phone connected as external storage.

View more options

sdyu wrote:

To recover deleted android phone photos, Coolmuster Android Data Recovery could also help, and it could recover other kinds of files, like text messages, contacts, photos, etc.

Thanks, and if the data were synced before, they can be recoverred back. And you can also try MobiKin, it is a data recovery tool you can use to recover lost photos.

View more options