cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to (4 digit pin) unlock free Samsung A32 5G?

nongspits
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, I am in the US where we don’t have Vodafone, but my mom lives in Italy and bought a sim from them, and got a free A32. She is using the sim in an unlocked iPhone she bought, and gave me the A32 to either sell or donate.

Problem is the second I turn it on, it says sincappvalley e it’s restarted, it needs a four digit code to unlock or even power off. My mom swears she never chose a code, and I’ve tried 1234 and 0000. Any advice by chance ? Thanks all, happy new year! tutuapp

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Oh Dear @nongspits  this is going to be a problem.

Firstly, this forum is only UK support  with Vodafone Italy being an entirely different and separate company you will need to contact the service provider in Italy.

I suspect a PUK code is needed, the best thing to do is to return the phone to your Mother in Italy and let her contact the Italian network and they will help and advise.

BandOfBrothers

She should be able to reset the 4 digit pass code via logging into her Samsung Account @nongspits 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-cant-unlock-my-device/ 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

If @BandOfBrothers solution isn't available, there are two things you could try.   The first is to simply long press the power key and see if that forces a powerdown, though I suspect the initial issue will return after restarting.

It's also possible that you may be able to reset the device via recovery mode.   Press and hold volume down and then power until it starts (or restarts if you couldn't turn it right off).   With luck, that'll produce a text screen and you can move through the options with the volume keys and use power to select.   Simply choose the reset one and the phone should revert to its out-of-the-box state.

A 4-digit code doesn't sound like a network lock as, from memory, a PUK code is longer than 4 digits.

I had a Samsung tablet bought as an Amazon warehouse deal that stopped responding to the touchscreen after a system update and would only restart (long press on power key), but not switch off.   I was able to use recovery mode to wipe it (as above) before returning it.