Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S10 5G Unlocking

lvec
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. In 2019 I got a samsung s10 5g through carphone warehouse, locked to vodafone, and I need the unlock code for it as I need to use it with a different carrier. I have been in contact both with caprhone warehouse (now currys) and vodafone for months and keep being sent around in circles while the phone is still locked to vodafone and it can't be used. How do I get this code? Every channel I've used has thrown responsibility from one to the other, I've tried forms, customer service, walk in on both shops, everything.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Carphone Warehouse never sold phones locked to a network.  Before network were forbidden to lock phones December 2021, Carphone as a third party reseller purchased all devices as unlocked. 

If you are receiving a message it won't e due to the phone locked to the network, you need to take a look at the security phone features, there may be a PIN entered for when the SIM is changed that you need to remove.   

Hi thanks for your reply. I factory reset it and when trying to use a SIM card it gives me a message asking for the network unlock code. Can security settings or factory security settings cause it to do that?

BandOfBrothers

Hi @lvec 

If the phone works fine on Vodafone Uk but won't accept any other Uk network sim card then if Vodafone can't help even if you pick up a Vodafone Uk Payg and use it for a while then request the unlock because the phone came from Carphone Warehouse as per the advice in unlock-code-request , then the next step might be to visit a reputable Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phone's to all networks. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thanks for the reply. So is it possible to have it unlocked via a 3rd party? During one of the calls with Currys support the person told me of a website I could pay for and send them the receipt so they could reimburse me. I researched the website and it had many reports of fraud, and in contacting currys again they said they don't do that sort of thing so that was odd.