Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to increase ring time on my S7 Edge

EricTheGreek
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Al I'd like to do is increase the ring time on my S7 Edge from the current 15 seconds.

There are a multitude of MMI code fixes on net but none of them work. Some of them even turn off my voicemail. However incoming calls still divert after 15 seconds to a voice message that informs the caller that the "Person they are dialling is not available".

I've been into a Vodaphone store and also phon customer services, but neither have an answer.

I've also tried various ring tones but with no difference.

I can't believe that such a basic thing as thing cannot be resolved. The thing is that when I first took out this contract I could extend the ring tone, but that was with my first S7 edge. But I have not been able to do it with the 2 replacement phones I've had since.

I'd appreciate any positive advice as this is really frustrating, and at some point I know I'm going to have an accident while I'm rushing to answer the thing.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@EricTheGreek 

Not sure if this will help.

How-do-I-change-the-length-of-time-before-a-call-goes-to-voicemail. 

“ You can change how long your mobile is set to ring before going to voicemail from 5 to 30 seconds, in 5-second intervals. It's set to 15 seconds as standard.

To change the time:

1. Dial **61*121*11*
  2. Then, before pressing call, enter the number of seconds you’d like your phone to ring for, followed by #
  3. Press Call
  4. A confirmation message will pop up on your screen with your new ring time

For example, setting it to 25 seconds would look like this: **61*121*11*25#. ”

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Cheers BoB,

So the good news is that using that MMI I've managed to increase the ring tone to 20 seconds, which is great.

But unfortunately I can't get it to 25 or 30 seconds using that code.

Still 20 seconds gives me a bit more reaction time.

Thanks

I'm glad it helped a little bit @EricTheGreek 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.