Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei P20 Mate Pro won't handover between cells

chrisphunter
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had the Mate Pro 20 for about a week now and it's an amazing device. It feels like a real game changer. The quality of the camera images is stunning, the battery life impressive and the UI speed fast. 

However, I have a real issue with call dropping.  Every call on 4G drops when I take a call in the car and handover between cells is required. The issue is slightly improved if the phone is upright but ultimately it still drops. This isn't an issue when I'm stationary - call quality when I'm home is great.  I travelled from Portsmouth to Leeds on Friday and the problem happened regardless of location. 

My first thought was to disable 4G calling but I can't find such a setting.  That also doesn't really address the problem. 

I've updated the phone to the latest patch level. I purchased it from Carphone Warehouse. 

Is anyone else experiencing call dropping when moving? 

Chris

1 REPLY 1

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you @chrisphunter. As you've mentioned that this happens in more than one location since upgrading to your new Huawei P20 Mate Pro, we want to ensure that everything is set up as it should be with your account.

So we can do this, please contact us through the details I've provided in the private message you'll receive shortly. We'll then be in touch.