Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

It looks like you’ve swapped your sim or updated your software

barriemundy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Every time I connect then disconnect by bluetooth to my Porsche PCM 3.1 phone enabled car I get the message "It looks like you’ve swapped your sim or updated your software " and then a text with new APN settings.  Why is this? It is very annoying.  It doesn't happen on my Audi.

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

This is an automated response from Vodafone when a person swaps sims between phones and or updates their phones software @barriemundy as you can see from the link you've included.

It might be beneficial to search for a Community forum of Porsche Car owners to see if they encounter similar notifications and are aware of a workaround. Or speak to your dealership.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have recently purchased a Porsche 981 with PCM 3.1 and suffer the same annoying issue.  Is ther any update on this?

AnnS

Hi @barriemundy 

As I have written in the thread linked by you, this is an automated message generated every time you remove and reinsert the SIM or update the phone software and done by all networks, there won't be anything that can be done to stop the messages.

A workaround will be to use a PAYG SIM in the car and have a divert to the PAYG SIM from your main number, this will take care of your incoming calls but will mean outgoing will need to be done from the PAYG SIM.  You could also record a voicemail greeting on the main number to call the PAYG number if urgent.

But I haven't removed the SIM from the phone or the car and I haven't updated the phone software.  It doesn't happen on my Audi!

Certainly a conundrum @barriemundy  which is why i suggested perhaps speaking with fellow car owners on a dedicated car forum who may have already come across this and been given a workaround.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

You probably won't get much from Vodafone. Maybe consider another network.

Changed PCM to hands free protocol and no more messages.  The PCM was taking over the SIM som it looked as though it was plugged in to the car so the car antenna could be used.

Problem solved.  The car was using the SIM so the car antenna could be used.  Changed to hands free protocol and no more messages.

Good to hear you learned of a workaround @barriemundy 

:Smiling:

Current Phone  >