Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My old phone

Riverman1937
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having taken out a new monthly contract and received a new android smartphone, I'm wondering if there is anything useful I can do with the old phone. Is there a system for donating it somewhere?

9 REPLIES 9

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you Google "mobile phone charity recycling", you'll find a lot of options.   Look for one that promises to wipe the device and see if you can find any feedback about it.   Before passing on the device, you should at least remove your account and do a factory reset, of course.

Many thanks!

BandOfBrothers

You could recycle with Vodafone @Riverman1937 

More information here https://tradein.vodafone.co.uk/how-it-works 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Riverman1937 Have you thought about donating your phone to us? We’ve pledged to connect 1 million people living in digital poverty by the end of 2022 and you can help by donating your old tech. Since May 2021 we've helped connect 77,256 people. Check out our website for more information on how to donate your unwanted tech.

hrym

How old is too old, @Mark?   I mean, my Samsung Galaxy S2 barely works (if it'll even switch on now) and I have quite a few other devices I'd be glad to see the back of, but wouldn't cut it in the modern world.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've just had a look into this for you @hrym and found this note on the registration form - We can only accept smartphones and tablets that use Android's operating system or Apple iOS/iPadOS, and are ideally no more than 5 years old.

It looks like your Galaxy might be a little too old.

hrym

I think that's pretty much all my old devices, then. May have to find a recycler.

Nabs

I donated a bunch of old devices to this scheme last year, really easy to do!

Worth mentioning anything you send that they determine isn't compatible will be responsibly recycled

Nabs_0-1638354664450.png

Thanks!