Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus 8 Pro - VoLTE and VoWiFi.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

In case anyone wondered, VoLTE and VoWiFi work on the OnePlus 8 Pro (SIM free) with the same logkit fix that worked on the OP7P. (Google it!)

I can't test 5G as there's nothing near me in East London.

If anyone has any other questions, I'll try and answer them.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Thank you.

On a side note I've seen a few unboxings and YouTube videos on that phone.

How is it performing in your view @chistery 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @BandOfBrothers

(I still can't work out how to @ people here!)

It's a decent enough phone. I got my fastest ever 4G speedtest this morning at 290Mb/s so it performs well, but it's  a lot of money and not that big an improvement from the previous version from what I can see, so possibly not worth the upgrade from that. Good to have wireless charging now, but the wireless warp charge seems to be a waste of money, I don't care about charging speed, I just want to put my phone down every now and then and have it charge. If I'm in a hurry I'll plug it in. An increase in price for features that weren't really needed, like the colour filter camera. Bit gimmicky, and wonder if it will really be of use. I'd like to see OnePlus focus their efforts on improving the core features (like camera performance) instead.

Looking forward to getting out and finding some 5G soon though. Vodafone social media did tell me it was available here in East London, but I can't find any.

Do u have the profile or anything? I have got OP6 and I think at some point in the past I had both working. On latest OOS I had to use the PDC and choose Vodafone India profile. I can't find any profile where VoWifi working though.... Is there any way to make it working? Would be useful for underground...

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @chistery, just to check, have you tried following the steps advised above by @chistery and having a google regarding the fix for other OnePlus devices? 

Should work for OP6 - Use Telephoni -> commerci -> uk

How do I load the mbn? PDC doesn't seem to work on that persepctive. And deleted all the configs except the Indian Vodafone which I have volte working...

Using PDC can you not change over to 'Telefonica_UK_Commercial settings'?

These work for me on OP5 with both vowifi and volte working. Do a few reboots after setting applied and turn WiFi Calling off/on again in the Vodafone APP.

You would need root access to load the mbn without PDC. 

Don't think PDC works with Android 10 - Well at least I couldn't get it working.

I actually removed the telefonica (As i thought it was overlapping with the loaded profile). But I found out that actually pdc isn't loading it. But telefonice wouldn't even give me volte. That's why I changed to Vodafone india. I have rooted OP6. Do you know how I can manually load mbn? DOn't know the location of file. Btw I used to have it working until some months ago without any magic tbh. Just the normal one to activate the vowifi and lte hidden menu. 

This Guide should help - https://forum.xda-developers.com/rog-phone-2/how-to/guide-enabling-volte-vowifi-v2-t4028073

The only thing I would add is make sure you dial *#801# and turn on 'Serial' and 'Full Port Switch' after Step (1) - But you probably know this having used PDC.