main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

OnePlus Wifi Calling + VoLTE

4: Newbie

Hi,

I have OnePlus 6 and know that Wifi Calling + VoLTE is supported by the device.  The phone does not appear on the Vodafone list of compatible phones:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Is this because Vodafone chooses not to support the device or does the OnePlus 6 lack something that makes it incompatible with this Vodafone service?

I will be up for contract renewal soon and this will be a factor on wheter I stay or move to a network that supports this feature on my device.

Hopefully Vodafone staff frequent this forum.

View more options
76 REPLIES 76
17: Community Champion

The Vodafone Social Media Teams do read all posts here. 

Until Vodafone decide to add a device Unfortunatly even tho the device itself may support the feature it won't work. 

Vodafone would say keep an eye on the link you've already been looking at and the Vodafone Blog. 

They wouldn't in my experience discuss or comment on business decisions. 

With voLTE the phone has to have been supplied directly by Vodafone with iPhones being the exception. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch @ABDULHAMID1978.

We do read all of our posts here and appreciate you raising this to us. @BandOfBrothers has hit the nail on the head with his reply; please keep your eyes on our Wi-Fi Calling page here for any updates. 

View more options
13: Advanced Member

There is only one UK network that does support VoLTE and VoWiFi for the OnePlus 6.  You can even send texts when using wifi calling, something Vodafone haven't managed to work out how to configure yet.

View more options

@chistery Are you able to point me in the direction of which UK network supports VoLTE and VoWiFi for the OnePlus 6?

View more options

EE.

I have a OnePlus 6 and with my EE SIM in I get both VoLTE and VoWiFi.

And even better SMS works over VoWiFi too

View more options
2: Seeker

I have just moved from O2 to Vodafone. It was working fine with O2.

View more options

I have found a way to force the phone to show VoLTE and VoWiFi options and can now use Three UK for both!

Tried Vodafone and suprise...still won't work 

View more options

I tried the following method from a forum and it still does not work on Vodafone:

1: Go to the dialer and enter:  *#800#
2: Select Enter
3: Go to Logkit
4: Swipe down to function switch
5: Tick VoLTE, VoWiFi switch
6: Reboot

I'll be moving from Vodafone when contract expires in 2 months.

View more options

Yup that's what I did.

Now works on Three, EE and O2....not Voda

View more options

@Pavann @getti @ABDULHAMID1978 - Please keep a look out via our Wi-Fi Calling page, for any updates on this phone being supported though us.

View more options

Why Vodafone can't just be honest and say we're looking at it, or we CBA, I don't know. 

Just say you aren't bothering as you are hoping to make people buy a handset direct and to give up all hope. Why bother with the cut and paste non answer?

View more options

Vodafone don't have any OnePlus devices on that page.  I have accepted the fact that Vodafone will not support anything from OnePlus so will move once contract expires.

View more options

@getti are you able to confirm this works on Three UK as I am thinking of switching to them

View more options

I have requested my PAC code and have ordered an EE sim-only contract.  No point waiting for Vodafone to add any Oneplus devices to their supported list for this service.

View more options

Just got my EE sim and can confirm that VoLTE & VoWiFi are both working without having to do anything extra.

Vodafone really need to get there act together on this as it was the only reason for me to leave.

View more options

VoLTE and VoWiFi is working on OxygenOS 9 / Android Pie on the Oneplus 6!

View more options

I have the stable OxygenOS 9 installed.  There is another 2 weeks left on my Vodafone contract.  VoLTE and VoWiFi is working for me on EE after the update but as I expected still not working on Vodafone.

View more options

@ABDULHAMID1978 wrote:

I have the stable OxygenOS 9 installed.  There is another 2 weeks left on my Vodafone contract.  VoLTE and VoWiFi is working for me on EE after the update but as I expected still not working on Vodafone.

Have you got the option to enable it under the SIM settings? Is Wifi Calling enabled on your account?

View more options

No option to enable under SIM settings.  I have just checked my account again and Wifi and 4G Calling was already enabled.

View more options