main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

OnePlus Wifi Calling + VoLTE

12: Established

The only other thing I have done is this, to get the options to show up:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/how-to-enable-volte-vowifi-switch-root-t3820943

1: Go to the dialer and enter: *#800#
2: Select Enter
3: Go to Logkit
4: Swipe down to function switch
5: Tick VoLTE, VoWiFi switch
6: Reboot

Give that a go and se if it helps.

View more options
4: Newbie

I can confirm this made it work.  I have Wifi and 4G Calling working on both SIM's

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi, do you mean that you have Volte and VoWiFi working on the Vodafone Network with a One Plus handset?

I've tried the same procedure and I can't see the icons.

@The Vodafone team: this is extremely disappointing, I passed to Vodafone today because my SIM is part of a corporate account and Volte was working beautifully on EE. What is your plan to close this gap?

Regards,

Carlo

View more options

Which OnePlus phone have you got?

I wouldn't be surprised if Vodafone didn't allow it on corporate accounts. I'm on a consumer red entertainment one.

View more options

Yes but only on OnePlus 6 with the latest Android P.  You have to follow the steps to enable it on the phone in hidden settings.

View more options

Thanks guys for the prompt answer!

I've got a One Plus 6, Android version 8.1.0, OxigenOS version 5.1.11.

And yes, have activated both Volte and Vowifi in the hidden settings, but still no icons showing!

View more options

There you goScreenshot_20181010-230218.jpg

View more options

You will need to update to 9.0.  That is when it worked for me.

View more options

Interesting thread here. For the people who've managed to get it to work, did your phone come direct from Vodafone or from somewhere else?

I'm thinking of joining Vodafone, and looking at the Oneplus 6T - but only if I get Wifi calling. And only if it works on non-Vodafone devices (much better deals available elsewhere).

View more options

I bought my OnePlus 6 direct from OnePlus and VoWiFi works on it.

View more options

I also bought directly from OnePlus.  It is now also available from Amazon UK, I would buy from them if I were to buy now.  The OnlePlus 6 is available on discount at Amazon.  The 6t is also available at full price.

View more options

I bought through John Lewis, after doing the *#800# trick I have VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling enabled on Vodafone but still only have Wi-Fi Calling offered on my EE sim.

View more options

Did you update your phone firmware to at least Android 9.0?

View more options

Hi AbdulHamid1978, if you are talking to me, my phone has Android 9 OxygenOS v 9.0.6 installed.

View more options

@skull66, then that means you have the OnePlus 6T.  I have no idea if this method works with Vodafone on OnePlus 6T as I have the OnePlus 6.

View more options

If it's still not working after enabling it, rebooting and trying airplane mode, have you checked if Wifi calling is enabled in MyVodafone?

View more options

How do you check that in the app? I can't find a setting for it  

View more options

It's under manage bars and extras / calling options.

View more options

Update: I now have Wifi calling working on my Oneplus 6T. I followed the steps in this thread, and then spoke to Live Chat to get them to provision Wifi calling on my account. (I coulldn't enable it within My Vodafone.)

I can now make calls on my phone even while it's in Airplane Mode.

Importantly, it's not necessary to buy the phone from Vodafone - I didn't. And the above steps worked for me.

Vodafone - you may wish to update your list of 'supported devices' with this info. A lot of people who are thinking about getting a Oneplus 6T would want to know this first!

View more options

Vodafone don't seem to want to admit it will work if you buy the phone elsewhere, probably trying to help increase handset sales.

View more options