Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S23 Ultra Wifi Calling

chistery
16: Advanced member

S23 Ultra purchased direct from Samsung, VoWifi and VoLTE worked straight away! Usually it takes two hours of calls to persuade Vodafone that even though it's not listed as supported, it should work and to send the settings!

19 REPLIES 19

jamsterdm
10: Established
10: Established

Does anywhere in your settings or on your device show volte calling? 

I ask BC I Def have WiFi calling turned on but can't see anything volte related in settings 

chistery

No, that appears to be a Vodafone thing as they believe they know better and hide it.

Make a call, see if it stays on 4G.

shuntfield
4: Newbie

I have the same phone. 
My WiFi Calling isn't working, and neither is chat messages from Google.

I've lost count the number of times that I have requested Chat messages Set up...

Ask technical to use VDC to send the configuration settings for WiFi calling. 

Google chat find RCS in settings and turn that on. 

I have now got the chat working.

If I go into settings and turn on RCS then I get a message telling me that I have to use the Samsung Messages app for that to be switched on.

Its currently off, and Google Messages is now working with Chat.

WiFi Calling still isn't working.

Have u tried a chat with technical and asked them to send configuration through VDC to your device? It's never failed for me for WiFi calling

As for Google messages have just checked the settings, mine is working yet it doesn't think my number is verified. 

chistery

Have you turned wifi calling on in the settings?

In my Vodafone the option to enable/disable is not present, it just says it's enabled.

In the phone, because I'm assuming that it's not been provisioned on the SIM card, or the network doesn't recognise it's identity, then it doesn't present the option to enable or disable.

It was the same with the S22 I had last year, and in all honesty with WiFi calling I've found it to be not up to the job anyway with the phone constantly swapping between cellular and WiFi randomly, I'm not that bothered by it, not so much that I've got to ring Vodafone and speak to someone who won't have a clue what I am talking about and immediately blame my phone, and insult my intelligence having waited for 40 minutes.

It should just work, thanks for the suggestion though 👍🏻

chistery

If the menu option isn't there in the Samsung phone dialler app, then you need Vodafone to send the OTA provisioning message to your phone. Good luck finding anyone that can help. They will try and claim it's not supported as the S23 isn't listed on their web site. Say it's an S22 if they do that.

You used to be able to remove wifi calling in your account and add it which sometimes helped, but Vodafone decided that was too useful so removed it.