main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Phone calls dropping

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi. My Google Pixel 3XL drops it's calls (via network) at 29/ 30 mins every single time. All calls via what's app or other WiFi platforms work fine. Chatted to Vodafone and was told downloading the Call Timer app would fix the issue. Well, it doesn't. Any one able to help? I can't see any settings at all which would mean my calls drop at this time and Vodafone assured me there isn't anything on my account or any issues with the network. It's driving me insane. Thanks 

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mrs_Linny 

There was a thread here not very long ago with the same problem for the Pixel: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Pixel-3xl-drops-calls-after-half-hour/m-p/2657129

also a similar thread here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Conference-Call-dropped-connection/td-p/2659173

Please also read my last reply on the linked thread.

If you have 4G turned on try turning this off and using 2 or 3G this may be a more stable connection.  

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks. Yeh I've been through the old thread but I've tried all those tips and nothing worked. As that seemed a dead end I was hoping for something new. Thanks though 

View more options
Highlighted

It might be worth contacting the developer of the app @Mrs_Linny to send them what your experiencing.

I use the WhatsApp features with no call dropping issue although I'm not using your model of phone.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

I'm not having issues with what's app. Those calls are fine, it's the ones via my network

View more options
Highlighted

Oh sorry I must have misread your post.

I'll blame the glare of the sun on my phone screen 🙄

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Have you been able to try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination  ?

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

I've had this same issue for months now and it is especially embarrassing when on calls to staff and clients. Have had new SIM no difference - only thing that helps us turning off 4G but then if you turn it back on when out and about you need to remember to turn off before every call that might be longer than 29m50s - had spent hours in chat and in phone to Vodafone but they don't seem borhered

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @Debh59, are you also using a Google Pixel 3XL? Thanks for all the steps you have tried so far. Have you tried your SIM in a different device?

Are you on a Pay Monthly contract or Pay as you Go?

View more options