Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone calls dropping

Mrs_Linny
3: Seeker

Hi. My Google Pixel 3XL drops it's calls (via network) at 29/ 30 mins every single time. All calls via what's app or other WiFi platforms work fine. Chatted to Vodafone and was told downloading the Call Timer app would fix the issue. Well, it doesn't. Any one able to help? I can't see any settings at all which would mean my calls drop at this time and Vodafone assured me there isn't anything on my account or any issues with the network. It's driving me insane. Thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

Mrs_Linny

Thanks. Yeh I've been through the old thread but I've tried all those tips and nothing worked. As that seemed a dead end I was hoping for something new. Thanks though 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It might be worth contacting the developer of the app @Mrs_Linny to send them what your experiencing.

I use the WhatsApp features with no call dropping issue although I'm not using your model of phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I'm not having issues with what's app. Those calls are fine, it's the ones via my network

BandOfBrothers

Oh sorry I must have misread your post.

I'll blame the glare of the sun on my phone screen 🙄

Current Phone  >

Have you been able to try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination  ?

Current Phone  >

I've had this same issue for months now and it is especially embarrassing when on calls to staff and clients. Have had new SIM no difference - only thing that helps us turning off 4G but then if you turn it back on when out and about you need to remember to turn off before every call that might be longer than 29m50s - had spent hours in chat and in phone to Vodafone but they don't seem borhered

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Debh59, are you also using a Google Pixel 3XL? Thanks for all the steps you have tried so far. Have you tried your SIM in a different device?

Are you on a Pay Monthly contract or Pay as you Go?

I've had this issue with my Pixel 3XL for ages.

As detailed in one of the linked threads - turn off 4G/Wifi calling within your online account. This will force your phone to 3G during a call and allow 30+ minute calls.

This is obviously a workaround rather than a full solution - I don't need to use Wifi calling so it works for me.

Thank you. How do I turn this off? What do you mean by online account? Being thick sorry