Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 5 wifi calling - Google supplied phone

philosifer
3: Seeker

I've seen various discussions about getting wifi calling working on a Pixel 5 by turning wifi calling off and on again but I can't get it to work.

Does this only apply to Vodafone supplied phones or should it work on one bought direct from Google like mine was this time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You're very welcome @philosifer 

Assuming it's turned On in your myvodafone as I've shown in my earlier reply and in your phone's connection settings you may need to get an agent to send an OTA CONFIGURATION UPDATE that holds the relevant file.

Customer services via Live Chat or 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Team's should be able to help with that.

Vodafone just cover themselves in regards to the advice about buying the phone from them due to Android being open sourced.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

This is a recent thread Android Pixel 6 WiFi calling. 

From the calling-features/wi-fi-calling it states "  these phones support both WiFi and 4G Calling when bought from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK network providers and third parties are unlikely to support Vodafone WiFi and 4G Calling – with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless "

If you can't turn on WiFi Calling on your phone, check that it's turned on in your My Vodafone account:

• My Vodafone > Services and Extras > Calling options
  • My Vodafone app > Manage Bars & Extras > Buy and manage extras > Calling options

However even when the phone isn't in the list or supplied by them the phone still can use the feature going from past posts on the forum. It can depend on each individual case however whether it'll work or not.

Take a look at my reply in the recent thread I've linked to @philosifer and run an eye over the official Vodafone Calling Over Wi-Fi page for the various advice on how to set it up.

Calling Over Wi-Fi will only work when there is zero network signal.

Put the phone in flight mode and see what happens _ you maybe surprised 😮 

Current Phone  >

philosifer

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was Vodafone supplied phones only but it sounds like it should work.

I've tried disabling wifi calling in myvodafone a couple of times with no success. I'll try the flight mode test but when I go into the system settings with *#*#4636#*#* it shows Wi-FI calling provisioned as off.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @philosifer 

Assuming it's turned On in your myvodafone as I've shown in my earlier reply and in your phone's connection settings you may need to get an agent to send an OTA CONFIGURATION UPDATE that holds the relevant file.

Customer services via Live Chat or 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Team's should be able to help with that.

Vodafone just cover themselves in regards to the advice about buying the phone from them due to Android being open sourced.

Current Phone  >

Just an update to say that chat support were able to send the OTA and I now have it working on my Google supplied Pixel 5.

Thanks for the assistance.

BandOfBrothers

That's fantastic @philosifer 

I'm so glad my suggestion worked for you in regards to the OTA configuration. 

Current Phone  >