Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 5a

dgravil
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

If I import a Pixel 5a into the UK would it work correctly on Vodafone?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Shouldn't see why not @dgravil 

I've imported phones recently i.e Samsung Note 20 Ultra because I wanted the SnapDragon version which isn't available in the UK.

Just check its unlocked to all networks and uses the bands and frequencies Vodafone use.

Also check for any applicable import fee's.

Are you wanting to import because of cost may I ask ?

Only buy from a reputable company which you should be able to check on TrustPilot.

Also check if the warranty will be supported in the UK as sometimes imports are not.

Vodafone wouldn't be able to support an imported phone if something does not actually work in regards to network features etc.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Many thanks for your response. I was wanting to import due to it not currently being available here in the UK. Currently have the 4a 5g and I like the fact the 5a has a larger battery and maintains the 3.5m jack.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @dgravil 

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @dgravil 

The Pixel 5a hasn't been released in the UK, until available in the UK Vodafone would be unable to guarantee everything would work, as it's not a supported device you may find WiFi calling not working as on supported Pixels.  I would compare the specifications to UK devices.

Google should be making some announcement soon on the Pixel 6, it's up to you if you decide to wait and see what is coming to the Pixel range in the UK.

Many thanks for your prompt response.