Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Removing adverts from apps on Galaxy A32

davidn37
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just changed to a Galaxy A32 and trying to set it up. On a lot of apps I am getting adverts I do not want.

e.g. just setting up email and every time I access the page I get a full screen advert and when I get rid of that there is another ad at the foot of the screen asking me to install an app I do not want. Presumably they are hoping that I will accidentally install this unwanted app.

Have not had this with previous phones and I object to it on this one, how can I stop this?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The apps that were on the phone originally will not have adverts in them @davidn37 

It's usually the ones downloaded i.e free ones as that's how some app developers gain income.

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

If they stop then come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your downloaded apps one at a time and then try another app that will cover your wants and needs 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The phone was set up by Vodafone in their shop. I have now found that they downloaded apps with adverts and so I have removed these and replaced them with the apps I had on my previous phone, which did not have adverts.

Not impressed with Vodafone as I paid them to set up the phone and told them I wanted the same apps as I had on my previous phone.

BandOfBrothers

I buy my phone's direct from Samsung so they don't have network apps on them apart from the apps I want @davidn37 

I also set up my new phone's via using the Samsung Cloud backup and prefer to download my apps via MyLibrary in my Playstore.

Which apps did the store employee download that had advertisements in them may I ask @davidn37  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My previous phone I bought direct and setting it up was a complete disaster. I have no interest in phones or gadgets other than using them and don't want to spend time sorting them out.

The worst app was the email, Amobear Studio which has an icon very similar to the Samsung email that I use and find perfectly ok so you can see how the confusion arose.

Thanks

David