Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WhatSapp Data Issues

crispyswinger1
4: Newbie
Hi Having a bit of a weird issue here after swapping to my new contract with a new Vodafone provided mobile phone. The issue is with WhatsApp which now no longer allows me to send or receive messages while I'm on data (3G, 4G etc.). I can only send or receive messages while on Wi-Fi. Symptoms are a clock icon when I send the message which never ever changes or sends while on data. A few seconds after turning Wifi on the message sends as expected. While on data I can browse the web, download apps, send TEXT messages etc. without issues. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hello,

A conundrum!

This link is from the Whatsapp page.

https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/21069306

You may find further help there too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

powism007
1: Seeker

The Vodafone ‘Securenet’ product has the ability to filter Social Network activity. In my case it meant that I could use WhatsApp for messages but not upload or download videos and images whilst on 3G/4G, but it worked fine on Wi-fi. Visit securenet.vodafone.co.uk from your device to adjust.

hrym

As ever, be careful of external links.   This looks like a package you'd side-load and you'd be on your own security-wise with it.

rubbyroy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]