Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieve photos

Clm
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I dropped my phone and now the screen is smashed so I can’t use it , I have ordered a new device but is there a way I can transfer photos and other data from my broken phone to my new phone without having to use my screen ? I have a Samsung S9 and have ordered a Samsung S10

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Clm 

If I was in this situation I would connect my phone to my PC by USB, when the PC recognises the phone, you should get auto play on the screen and be able to transfer, copy and paste or drag the photos to file on your computer.

As you are using Android, the images should also be backed up to your Google account, and be visable on your new phone, so worth checking there.

Didn’t know you could do that, I was panicking cuz usually I would use smart switch but with no screen I wouldn’t be able to do that. Thankyou so much ,you’re a lifesaver!

BandOfBrothers

When you get a new phone and enter your Samsung Account and Google Info then if the pictures are backed up in Samsung Cloud or OneDrive then they'll auto go back into your phone from the back ups.

I mentioned Onedrive as the option to save pictures in Samsung Cloud has been removed for new devices.

They may also be saved in any relevant sd card.

The issue with hooking upto a computer could be that as part of the process a pop up shows on the phone's screen asking what you want to do with the connection.

Without being able to choose it may not work.

As a tip I also use Dropbox and when I take a photo it saves in my phone's storage and is set to auto save in my Dropbox Account.

Just an idea @Clm 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.