Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S20 mobile data issues

SDUPREY
2: Seeker

Hi. I've just bought a factory unlocked galaxy S20 to use on Vodafone however im having issues using 4G and 5G on it.

4G & 5G just seems to stick in upload and pages don't load and then it just switches to H+ 

When I put an 02 SIM in it works fine with no issues but only having this issue with Vodafone.

It happens in different locations so it's not just my area and it is the 2nd phone I've bought as I sent the first one back since it had this issue and bought this one from a new retailer. 

When the data sticks I have to switch it to airplane mode for it to work properly again but after a while same issue as before

Is anyone else having this same issue or know how to fix it??

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @SDUPREY 

To mention 5G just improves download speeds of data such as large files and films etc and as of yet does not improve surfing the net speeds and a person needs to be quite near a 5G module to be effective.

May I ask if you turn off 5G and Lte i.e 4G and run on 3G what's your user experience then ?

When it switches to as you've indicated do the pages still not open and stick ?

As a process of elimination can you try your Vodafone Sim Card in another phone  ?

If you can use a back up phone or someone you know phone.

I appreciate you have purchased another phone but this could be a Vodafone Sim Card issue.

It could be faulty with you saying When the data sticks I have to switch it to airplane mode for it to work properly again but after a while same issue as before. "

If so then Vodafone can send you a Blank Sim Card  if you speak with Live Chat  and then you can perform a sim swap at home or wait until the Vodafone Highstreet Stores re open sometime after the 15/6/20 if you can wait until then.

That's of course if the Vodafone Sim Card fails to work properly in another phone.

Can you check your masts anyway via Vodafone status-checker. 

I know your saying this is happening everywhere.

When I put an 02 SIM in it works fine with no issues but only having this issue with Vodafone. "

Your troubleshooting tip above has helped to rule out the phone in my opinion as the o2 sim card works fine.

It may however be an idea to check out the Internet Apn's that are in your phone for Vodafone.

APN device guide. 

Text WEB to 40127 free from your Vodafone mobile, then save the settings.

Why-can-t-I-connect-to-the-internet. 

Vodafone has a help thread with troubleshooting tips and a template a person can copy and paste back into their thread with their answers so the Vodafone Social Media Teams can take a look.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

If you use tbe Ookla Speedtest.net what speeds are you achieving  ?

It may also be worth checking all your preferences settings in the phone i.e any data bars and limits.

And check in your myvodafone for any relevant preference settings.

Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check your Vodafone Account.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

I know there's a lot of tests and things for you to try out above but issues like these are usually resolved by trial and error with troubleshooting.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi. Yes I have tried my Vodafone SIM in my note 10 and works fine. This only happens when I use it in my S20. 

APN settings are correct on theethe s20 and works fine when on 3G

BandOfBrothers

Maybe consider visiting a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre when they re open @SDUPREY 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @SDUPREY 

It might be worth trying the advise direct from Samsung on the link below, although it also mentions calls it has some good tips : Samsung Support 

I would recommend doing a manual roam when you swap the SIM to the S20, this will refresh the network and you may have a better data connection.  You are probably very knowledgeable and know exactly how to do a manual roam from the phone data settings onto a alternative network and back onto Vodafone UK.  There is also further support from Vodafone devices guides here: Vodafone S20 device guides 

Dear Anns,

Thanks for the tip. I am also trying to do what you have suggested. I hope that my data signal will yield a better result than 10Mbps download.

Cheers!

JezzerB

Hi has anyone solved this as yet -our Samsung galaxy s20 fe was working fine-now after some update apparently 20th June no data-we can use the phone as a data hotspot ie connect a pc to it and it works fine but the handset will not show the internet or any internet based connection at all-driving us mad. Samsung blame vodafone and they blame Samsung-both to blame while we're stuck with a mess. after spending £600 on a phone.

There is now a fix for this issue-if anyone is still struggling contact Vodafone Tech support and they will talk you through it -disconnecting from vodafone internet and putting some new settings into 'internet'. Works fine now-thank you Samsung and Vodafone.