cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S10 lite not charging consistently, any ideas?

mikethingsbette
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had the s10 lite since January and its been in a case and screen protector since day 1. 

Up until a week ago it stopped charging properly. First it would not fully charge and now no charger seems to charge the handset. Very occasionally when it's turned off I can get it to charge. This must be an issue with the USB charging port right?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @mikethingsbette 

Try using a different charging cable and power brick.

And via using a torch take a look in the charging port for any build up of debris.

If relevant check to see if a wireless charging pad works.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look at the phone too.

I assume it's not had an accidental bump or water damage.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

I've tried at least 2 other chargers and its only very rarely it decides to charge when I've turned the phone off.

Appears to be no build up of debris in the charging port.

The lite does not support wireless charging haha might have wasted money on that.

I've put the phone in a bag of rice as I was out in a bad rainfall and wanted to make sure no water had got in. 

Many thanks 

Mine is doing the exact same thing! I've just had it collected by DPD today to be repaired for the second time in a month! 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys! I understand how important it is to have a working device, especially now so we'd like to turn this around for you.

@mikethingsbette - Could you drop us a message on social media so that we can look into booking a repair for you please? 

@ScionSixx - I'm disappointed to hear that you've had to send your phone off twice for repair, I can appreciate this must be really frustrating. Don't hesitate to drop us a message on social media as well if you'd like to check up on the status of your repair.

When contacting on social media make sure to include a link back to this forum thread, your mobile/account number and IMEI of device.