Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S8+ Video Calling

Dennyjo8
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have read so many posts on this issue, dating back to 2016, and I still can't believe Vodafone has STILL not resolved the problem!!!  

I am not able to make video calls on my new Samsung S8+, I have spent hours 'chatting' to both samsung and vodafone to try and get a solution - the latter have apparently never heard about there being an issue (and they were the technical team which doesn't bode well, as clearly no on is looking to resolve it!!!).  

I put my sim into my boyfriend's new S8 (to O2) and it worked perfectly - which obviously backs up the fact that this is to do with vodafone locking their phones and the firmware they use to do that.  

The solution I've been given is that I should send my phone away to samsung to 'investigate' - as I'm out of 30 day cool off this would mean I'm without a phone for 2 weeks which just is not do-able.  So I'm pretty much stuck with it!

It would be helpful if any moderator on the site could answer a few questions - 

a) if Vodafone have known about this issue for years and still not resolved it - why????

b) if there is a solution being worked on - when will it be available to us loyal paying customers who have been with vodafone for years??

c) will we be receiving any kind of compensation for not having this feature when it is clearly something that samsung support and alledgedly vodafone do too?  ( I have been repeatedly told that it's not vodafone's fault as they have activated the right settings on my account for me to be able to use video calling!

I also wondered if anyone else had tried getting their vodafone handset unlocked to see if this solves the problem? I have requested my unlocking code, I don't expect vodafone to refuse me!!!!

99 REPLIES 99

Hello - Just received Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (purchased from Samsung US site) and I'm using T-Mobile SIM. When making calls, I see there is a option of Video Call but that's grayed out / disabled. How and when is this suppose to work?

see: ShowBoxMobdro Vidmate

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@zimou13 I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with video calling on your Samsung Galaxy S8+.

As we only have access to help customers with Vodafone UK accounts, I'd advise you speak with your network provider. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you with this further 😊

As I'm pretty sure I already said, I have checked and been told by Samsung that WiFi calling is already activated. I nevertheless texted what you told me and have been told again it is already activated.

There is no way to 'switch it on' on my phone. It is not in any of the settings. And quite frankly WiFi calling is only meant to support calls when out of signal. It has no relation to whether you can make video calls!

So perhaps you could suggest another solution to this problem which you have known about for years?

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dennyjo8 Thanks for confirming that Wi-Fi calling is enabled. We needed this piece of information to continue the investigation.
I've let the dedicated team know that this is the case. We'll be in touch as soon as we have any further updates.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dennyjo8 Just popping you a quick post to let you know that our team are still investigating this. 

Hi @teleworm

Thank you for your suggesion.

But this is not a downlaodable app but a function available on all phones. It does'nt matter if the other person got this or not but should bisible on your dailer.

Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

vicr76
5: Helper

Hi,

I have tried on my Unlocked S6+ and S7+ but it never worked.

The issue is with the Vodafone bloatware on the phone.

I had a contract taken a contract with Samsung Note4 from CPW on Vodafone and there was no issue with Video Calling on it.

Regards

Vicky R

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dennyjo8 We've not had an update yet, however as soon as we do, we'll let you know. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dennyjo8 I'm still actively chasing this up for you, just letting you know we haven't forgot! 

Hi, what is actually going on? When you say 'chasing this up'? Do you mean you're trying to find the right person to ask? Or is someone technical trying to come up with a solution? It seems like everyone knows what the problem is so why don't you just sort it out???