main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Samsung S8+ Video Calling

Administrator

@vicr76 Thanks for letting us know, I can see a member of the team replied to you yesterday via email 😊

View more options
5: Helper

Hi @Alex

Sorry for edelay in reply.

I have checked all my Spam and Main Inbox but there is no emaild from your team after 25/06/18.

Can you please resend.

Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

View more options

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We've resent the email @vicr76.

Please keep your eyes out for it and let us know when you've received it. The subject reference number may come through differently to your original one; so please make note of this too.

View more options

Hi @TJ

I have replied to the email from Ruth on 06/08/2018 with the etails requested for 3 rd time but haven'h heard back anything since. Ref. No. for the email is #19285716.

Can you please update or will I be asked to provide the same details again after a month as done in past? This issue is going on since 2016 without any resolution.

Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

View more options

@vicr76 I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a resolution to your query. I've asked for this to be chased up and a member of our team will be in touch with you via email as soon as possible 😊

View more options
Highlighted

Hi All,

So after a long wait of nearly 2.5 years the reply from Vodafone Social Media team I got is below and you can guess how much confident you can feel the way a complaint is resolved by the team.

They suggested this need to be Technical team need to take up this issue with Samsung when I don't understand what they (samsung) can do regarding with the incompatibility of Vodafones's bloatware with phones stock apps.

Samsung just intall what Voda supplies them to be put on theis supplied phones, they don't need to check if it is compatible or not this is  Voda's responsibility to do all tests when they develop their own applications and supply Sansung to intall.

I don't understand how much more time they need to correct this conflict which is first reported atleast 2.5 years ago when S6 launched.

Mon 03/09/2018, 17:06
You

This is something that will be passed on to our Technical Team to take up with Samsung directly Vicky, as such we cannot offer an estimated time of response.

This matter does show to be ongoing and we're working with the departments involved to provide a solution to this once there's on presented.

I understand this will not offer the solution you're looking for but this is far beyond the scope that we can make changes to the account and I hope there is progress made in the near future.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with and we'll be happy to do so.

Regards,

Raymond
Social Media

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

Kind Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

View more options

Hi

No its stll not working...

Vicky R

View more options

@vicr76 I'm really sorry to hear you're still having problems with this. Was there a follow up after the email you received from either our Technical team or Samsung themselves? 

View more options

Hi @Colleen,

Thank you fo the message.

I last reply I got from resolution team I have posted in my reply on 04/09/2018 in this tread asking for more time and also asking me to comtact Samsung directly when this is clear that there is no issue with handsets as all handsets from Samsung, other network provider and 3rd party are all working as it suppose to and got video calling function available but its only handsets provided direct from Vodafone is missing that button/ function.

This is a shame a big company like Vodafone is not able find a solution when this is raised almost 3 years ago.

Kind regards

Vicky R

Vicky R

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

That's dissapointing @vicr76

Have you sent a reply to the e-mail asking for a follow up at all? 

It might be the best thing to do if there's been no further communicaton for some time. 

Blair

View more options

Hi @Blair

That is what I'm doing from last 3 years with no positive result.

Don't you think it is illegal to remove a vital function from a phone and not even imforming customers regarding this.

Regards 

Vicky R

Vicky R

View more options

@vicr76 Have you received further correspondence since replying to our Technical Support team? If so, have they detailed any fixes available to restore the Video Calling button? 

View more options

Hi @moseal

I completely agree with you. They are just wasting time by asking me to reply to their email again and again when they know from this thread that this is not resolved yet. Why should I email them back and ask for an update when forum team can internally contact the concern team and update customers?

Also Vodafone still supplying handsets which are mot 100% without notifying them regarding this issue. 

Regards

Vicky R

View more options

Hi @Josh,

Can you be able to provide me n update regarding the issue with Video Calling option on Samsung phones please.

Kind regards

Vicky R

Vicky R

View more options
Administrator

@vicr76 From an email I've previously received regarding Video Calling on the Samsung S8+ it doesn't look like this feature is going to be made available. Our Product team stated: 

A decision was made to remove the video calling when dialling as when you start a video call it doesn’t check against the receivers phone the eligibility so a lot of the time it won’t work.

Video Calling from the dial screen has been removed due to poor experience seen from other customers, we haven’t wanted to support a call functionality that doesn’t offer a consistent experience. There are options to carry out video calling through other methods. 

Of course this is unfortunate, but given the above stance from the business, it looks like there's nothing else we can do here. 

View more options

Hi @Alex,

Thank you for the update.

This is really dissaponting and illigal as nowhere in contract is written that a functionality provided within the phone can be blocked. And this is so strange as in whole over world I have never heard any network removed the funtion from a phone and advise to use another app.

For an instance can I request Vodafone to waive off my next years bill as they are conflicting with my other bills and I have trouble paying them. will you allow that? I doubt....

If there is any issue with the use of the function then it is entirely upto customer to try alternatives but not a network to remove that function from a phone.

How many people are happy with the stock apps supplied on the phone or a Vodafone locked phone and the issues they phase when unlocking a phone then why not Vodafone supply a completely unlocked phone so it will be much easier for customer if you are so concerened about customer issues?

Regards

Vicky R

Vicky R

View more options
Administrator

@vicr76 I can understand where you're coming from and appreciate you'd like to use the Video Calling feature. Ultimately it's not my decision and I'm just relaying the information from our team back to yourself.

It wouldn't be illegal, as it doesn't state in the Ts&Cs of your contract that we must provide this service. Again, I apologise it's not available as I can clearly see you'd like to have it, but it's currently not and from the sound of things, it's not going to be made available any time soon either.

View more options

Hi @Alex,

I agree with you that this is not your decision.

But thisis completely illrgal as this is not a service but a function provided by the manufacturer and nowhere in T&Cs says that Vodafone have any right to remove a function from a phone. If this is so then in future Vodafone can take a decision to remove dailer from phone as Vodafone provide Call+ function.

I belive Vodafone is not bothered about thos until now as not much people use this function so they are not aware of it but this is  raised  properly then I wnt to see what Vodafone will do.

I'll definately want a confirmed decision from Vodafome then I can raise this with Ofcom/ Ombudsman.

Regards

Vicky R

Vicky R

View more options

@vicr76 I completely understand your frustration and disappointment. If you'd like to escalate this further, please reply back to the last email we sent you, in the previous thread we have. We'll then be able to follow the appropriate steps to get this raised for you. 

View more options
2: Seeker

The only way it works is if your contacts also have it installed! As most of my friends are with providers

who do actually provide a good service and the one they are contracted to do,

appsync.biz/dafont  there is no need for my friends to download an app they don't need 

appsync.biz/filehipp  And actually there must be some kind of contractual breach by Vodafone on this.

192168ll.onl   Not least when they have known about the issue for years and still fool customers into singing up to something that is not 100% what they claim it to be! Really not happy about this!

View more options