Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart V8 and WiFi Calling

iainmann
9: Established

Anyone know if the Vodafone Smart V6 already supports WiFi Calling. I know the V6 in other Euro countries had it enabled, but I can't find it on my UK model. 

To be honest, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, but there's no WiFi calling switch in phone settings like on iPhones or Galaxys and I've tried that dreadful Calling+ app but can't find it in that either (which I'm pretty pleased about because it really is a very badly put together app. Looks like it's been made my committee). 

Perhaps if WiFi calling isn't enabled now....anyone know if it might be planned for the near future like on the Smart Ultra 7 and Platinum 7?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The place to watch for updates @iainmann is > Vodafond wi-fi-calling.

Along with applicable contract type thr Current compatible devices are ...

A compatible device:
iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone SE
Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016 and 2017), A5 (2016 and 2017), S6, S6 edge, S7, S7 edge, S8, S8+, or XCover 4
Vodafone Smart ultra 7 or Smart platinum 7

Wifi Calling is also controlled in  MyVodafone but until a device has been officially added you wouldn't be able to enable anything. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you.

Yes, I'd seen that list...and the methods for enabling WiFi Calling. Because it's a newish phone, I thought the list may not have been updated yet to include it. 

Just seems odd that it's available on the device on Vodafone in some other European countries. Perhaps it'll come with a software update and it's simply Voda UK wasn't ready for the launch here.