cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Xperia 1 ii, will a sim free one get wificalling and volte?

mark2410
4: Newbie

Looking to buy a new phone and id rather get a sim free one than a vodafone branded one but i need volte working.

It should work right but can anyone confirm that it actually does and voda havent blocked it?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Wi-fi-calling should work as per the info in wi-fi-calling as long as a person has an eligible phone and tariff type.

voLTE aka 4G calling as far as I remember was restricted to phone's bought direct from Vodafone apart from iPhone's so you'd need to check that on Vodafone help pages or Customer services. 

A similar thread Pay-monthly/4G-Calling-and Wi-Fi-Calling-Issues. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

It's not possible to guarantee anything, but I have an L3 and that certainly gets it.

wow, i assume voda paid you for that "answer" its like one of their copy paste CS answers

I know it "should" work, i said so.  Im asking if anyone has has experience of it actually doing so and can confirm yey or nay.

BandOfBrothers

Nope not a dime @mark2410  :Smiling:

Thought I was helping you,  sorry. :Sad_face:

Have a good evening and I hope the things your hoping work will work.

Take care.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

sorry for being overly snippy, just after spending half an afternoon trying to ask vodafone staff and getting stock copy paste answers and their general having no idea what volte actually is..... i was a  touch frustrated.