Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text message history

SteveHigh
4: Newbie

Hello

How can I see the history of my text messages, please, both outgoing and incoming. I have a ZTE phone.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @SteveHigh 

The problem you are going to have is texts messages are not stored on the network, if you have deleted the message it will be lost.

Depending on the phone you are using you should have archive inbox, try going into your messages, select the three dots at the top and see if you have an archive message box.  Other than that, all message should be sores as conversations for incoming and outgoing.

Take a look at device guides here: Device Guides 

Thanks, Ann, for the Device Guides link - sadly, my model is not there. I have selected the three dots as you suggested and can see Archived, but there are only four messages there, when there should be a few hundred. I don't delete personal messages.

I have one of those memory cards in the phone - maybe the messages are stored there? I wouldn't know how to access that. I don't know where the phone (Samsung) allocates messages to - the phone's hard drive or the memory card.

Thanks again for your reply.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you looking to transfer the messages from a Samsung phone to your ZTE handset? If so, which model of Samsung phone are you transferring from and to which ZTE phone?

No, sorry, forget the Samsung bit - I was getting confused with another phone. All I would like to do is see the history of my text messages - incoming and outgoing. 

Having a quick look online it doesn't seem like this is possible for your phone directly from the handset itself. If you're a pay monthly customer, you can see all the numbers that you have text along with the dates from your PDF bills. However, this won't show you the content of the messages or the incoming messages 😊