Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text messages

Heya123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I dont receive all my text messages. I get some through but not all of them. I can make calls fine. I can send messages fine. I've had a few people send me messages and only some come through. I even text myself and i only get some. I also don't get delivery reports now either? I have put my sim in my old phone too and the problem is still the same. I have been to different locations and the problem is the same.

I've tried rejoining the Vodafone network, and deleting all my texts and still only receive some messages. Any ideas? Thanks
Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Thanks Beth, I've done as advised and also cleared the Cache and Data from the App, which made no difference and also uninstalled the updates to the App to revert back to the Factory version and this has made no difference either.

I should probably start a new thread because my problem is only with delivery reports. I can send and receive Texts ok, but before doing that I will check with the Sony Forum to see if anyone else on Vodafone UK has the same problem, although a lot of their  Forum members are not from the UK.

Got mine working now. I did not restart my phone after doing the App Data clear and rolling it back, but this morning I put my phone into Safe Mode and tested it. Delivery Reports started working again. I then restarted my phone in normal mode and they were still working. I have since rebooted my phone again and Delivery Reports are still working.

I don't know if booting into Safe Mode kick started things or the reboot after rolling back the App or if Vodafone had done something overnight fixed it but it is working now,

Thanks again @Jack and @Beth.

Hi @Sony1 Thanks for letting us know that everything is working, it`s great to hear. I will make sure I pass your thanks on to Beth and Jack 😊

I have been having a big problem with text messages for about a month now on my Vodafone VFD710. I have been in touch with Vodafone services and spent about four hours in total! In the end they just told me to go into a store but many are not open around me. Also, whenever I have gone into a store for an issue before they are not at all knowledgeable nor helpful. I received text messages but when I send them I have no idea whether they have been received or not because the green tick used to fade when the message had been delivered but does not now. Sometimes that means it has not been delivered, sometimes it means it has but I have just not been notified. On other occasions it takes ages for the messages to go through or the person gets half the text. Other times it is OK. At first Vodafone told me they were working in the area and it would be sorted, but it wasn't. Then another person said that it would never have been relevant to my problem! Useless.... I don't know what to do next. It is so frustrating.

Hi @skittykat. so sorry to hear of the issues you have been facing, firstly can I ask if you have tried the SIM in an alternative phone so we can narrow down the cause, we will also need to do some account checks and liaise with our tech team, as we are unable to look at accounts via this forum could you contact us here, where one of the team will be happy to pick this up and investigate further.  

Thank you Andy. I think I have finally sorted this. As I may have mentioned, this will be five hours of being on webchats to your people. Now they tell me that there was a glitch in the phone system! Your customer service people are not trained to know this but I have pointed out that they could at least advise people to speak to the technical section rather than come up with rubbish answers that waste hours. This time I was told it would be escalated and I would be advised by text. I was not advised but my texts seem to be getting through at the moment. Fingers crossed.

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @skittykat 

Thanks for your feedback and we're really pleased to hear this has been sorted for you! We're always on hand if you need anything else 😊

Thank you but I have to say that I still have problems with my phone not showing that something has been delivered. Yesterday morning was a case in point but luckily my friend texted me back that it had been received but my phone showed that it was not delivered until 09.15 having been sent at 07.21, which was not correct as my friend received it straight away!! My friends all think I am constantly having senior moments because I keep resending texts and asking if they have received them!

This problem is continuing and worse. This morning I sent a text message four times and it appeared not to go through on either occasion. I had to give up but then received a message from my friend saying that one had arrived. When we spoke later he said that eventually all four went through. It's such a time waster and frustrating, not to say completely unreliable.

Also I was told by a Vodafone person that a glitch had been found (I think in my phone software - Vodafone VFD 710). They said they would prioritise my case as I had been complaining since June and been told so many different stories and spent hours and hours in contact. They would keep me informed on progress. It appeared to be better for a few days but I have never had any contact from them and now it is as bad as ever. Do you have a problem with contact with Virgin? That is the number I am having the most problems with. I must say your "service" and responses are dreadful to non-existent.

Hi @skittykat I understand how frustrating this can be, I am not aware of any specific issue between certain networks, we will need to take a look at your account to see if there has been any progress from the tech team in regards to your case, as we can`t access account details on this forum if you can contact us here and one of the team will be able to pick this up.