Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text messages

Heya123
2: Seeker

I dont receive all my text messages. I get some through but not all of them. I can make calls fine. I can send messages fine. I've had a few people send me messages and only some come through. I even text myself and i only get some. I also don't get delivery reports now either? I have put my sim in my old phone too and the problem is still the same. I have been to different locations and the problem is the same.

I've tried rejoining the Vodafone network, and deleting all my texts and still only receive some messages. Any ideas? Thanks
Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

markmoran

The same problem I am having and I have lost the cost of using mobile data with the fmwhatsapp for android phone app. Does anyone know how I can find out the reason for the fee?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It sounds as though you may have the Chat option set in the messaging app, which sends messages over data rather than the SMS system.   I've tried this and found it to be slow, so turned Chat off.  It means you can only send plain text (unless you use MMS), but as there are other options for enchanced content (email, social media etc), it's not a major problem.