Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to send premium rate SMS

Gurninman
2: Seeker

I'm having trouble sending SMS to premium rate numbers. All bars are turned off in the Vodafone app, and the customer service team were unable to help. Have compared the config in Android with my husband's phone, and they appear identical - SMSC number is the same etc.  Premium rate numbers not blocked in the phone. Have also swapped SIM into his device, and was able to send premium rates texts. He has a Pixel 7, I have a Pixel 8 Pro. Any ideas what to look at next ? 

3 REPLIES 3

Charlotte

Hello, @Gurninman. I hope you're well. I understand that you're having some trouble with Premium SMS on your Pixel 8, and we need to get to the bottom of this for you. If you go to Settings> Apps> Special App Access> Premium SMS Access, what permissions are selected for your messaging apps? Could you please pop over a screenshot?

Gurninman

Premium SMS access is allowed

Thanks for confirming, @Gurninman. Does the Google Messaging app show up in the permissions list? Based on previous Google threads, there have been issues reported in the past where the messaging app isn't appearing in the special access permission list, and so that's why they're being blocked.