Solution

Unlocking Galaxy S6

jackhenson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There

I have my unlock code details from vodafone:

Here is your code 39575319

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

However, it does not make sense. I have a Galaxy S6 and I can't type letters - NUC on the keypad to complete the code. I then thought that maybe I'm supposed to put the code at the top in replacement of NUC, and nothing happened. Also after all this, I reloaded my phone with the new SIM anyway, and it says "Network PIN blocked. Please enter PUK code". My friend put his SIM in and the same thing happened to him. So, I got PUK codes from Virgin Mobile AND Vodafone and still none of them work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Jack H

119 REPLIES 119

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The Puk Code is if a person accidentally keys in their sim pin in wrong 3 times. It's a security feature to stop anyone inserting your sim into any phone if they get access to it. 

The Nuc Code in my experience is something a person should just need to key in when they insert an active Non Vodafone Sim card In the phone which typically invokes a pop up box. 

Be careful not to try too many times as that can permanently block the phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The strange thing is that I was not even provideid an option to put my PIN in, before it said it was blocked. I have the PUK code, and yet it still does not work when the prompt appears to enter it. I understand what each do, but for some reason the process seems to be broken on my phone.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jackhenson So we're able to assist you further with this, please contact our team directly using the private message I've sent. 

A member of the team will then be in touch. 

I have the same problem and tryed all solutions already described here.

I got the NUC from Vodafone but when I turn on, after inserting the new SIM from other operator, the phone don't respond with  "You'll see a prompt to enter the SIM network unlocking code" , instead it asks form my SIM PIN. 

I introduce my PIN and then I have only access to emergency calls. 

Then if I turn it off  and on, I get "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.".

I type my PUK and then I get "Network unlock request unsuccessfull".

I guess the problem rely on forcing the phone to request the NUC at the startup again. 

I tried #7465625*638*NUC# (with my NUC) and it didn't work. I get "Not registered on network"

Then I tried #7465625*638*#  and it didn't work too. I get "Not registered on network"

Any idea?

Thanks,

M

Yes; see above information; all explained there.

I don't see where in the thread is the instructions to force the phone to ask for the NUC at the start up. Would you mind to post it here?

Many thanks

M

Have you asked for and used the master unlock code from Vodafone?  This takes you to the stage where you input the NUC.

Vodafone sent me the unlock key only. No master code.  I will ask them. Thanks

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MIGUELBRANDAO So we can take a closer look into your network unlocking issue.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can get this sorted for you :Smiling: