main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Unlocking Galaxy S6

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi Hugh

I seem to be having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Express 2.  I have the NUC code from Vodafone but it doesn't work so I reckon I also need a master code first.  Can you tell me how you got hold of the master code?  Is it the same as a PUK code?

Cheers

David

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

No; it's not a PUK code, though nearly everyone at Vodafone will tell you it is and they will tell you it has to come from your new network provider.  They are wrong.  It comes from Vodafone.  Go to their nucresolutions team and keep asking until they give you a mastercode to go with the unlock code. 

View more options
Highlighted

OK, thanks for the clarification.  I'll keep on at the NUC team and hope it doesn't take too long.

Cheers 

David

View more options
Highlighted

I have the same problem and tryed all solutions already described here.

I got the NUC from Vodafone but when I turn on, after inserting the new SIM from other operator, the phone don't respond with  "You'll see a prompt to enter the SIM network unlocking code" , instead it asks form my SIM PIN. 

I introduce my PIN and then I have only access to emergency calls. 

Then if I turn it off  and on, I get "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.".

I type my PUK and then I get "Network unlock request unsuccessfull".

I guess the problem rely on forcing the phone to request the NUC at the startup again. 

I tried #7465625*638*NUC# (with my NUC) and it didn't work. I get "Not registered on network"

Then I tried #7465625*638*#  and it didn't work too. I get "Not registered on network"

Any idea?

Thanks,

M

View more options
Highlighted

Yes; see above information; all explained there.

View more options
Highlighted

I don't see where in the thread is the instructions to force the phone to ask for the NUC at the start up. Would you mind to post it here?

Many thanks

M

View more options
Highlighted

Have you asked for and used the master unlock code from Vodafone?  This takes you to the stage where you input the NUC.

View more options
Highlighted

Vodafone sent me the unlock key only. No master code.  I will ask them. Thanks

View more options
Highlighted

Vodafone sent this email:

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your device. You’re almost done – there are just a few things you need to do to complete the process.

What you need to do next
Here is your unlock code ...

Please find here instructions specific to your device on how to use the unlock code. Once you’re done, you’ll be able to use your device on another network.

No joy?
If after following the instructions your new SIM doesn’t work, don’t worry – just get in touch with us through the Vodafone Community

That is why I come to the Vodafone community :Smiling:

Best

M

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

@MIGUELBRANDAO So we can take a closer look into your network unlocking issue.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can get this sorted for you :Smiling:

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks @JohnJ . 

Please resend it because I still didn't get it.

Best,

M

View more options
Highlighted

tried this and it said unsuccessful

View more options
Highlighted

same here

View more options
Highlighted

Apologies @MIGUELBRANDAO, I've sent you another private message. Please let us know how you get on!

@SHAHI_SADAK I've responded to your previous post :Smiling:

View more options
Highlighted

And i have replied back and no response youyask for a full description when it's all on my post already. Please need this sorted soon

View more options
Highlighted

This is the information I eventually received:

We request you to follow below unlocking procedure with provided code.

1. Restart the phone with the new SIM Card inserted
  2. You should be prompted for an unlock code
  3. Enter the Master Code (xxxxxxxxand press unlock
  4. The phone will display “Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful”
  5. Enter the Network Unlock Code(yyyyyyyy) and press unlock
  6. The phone should display “Network Unlock Successful”
View more options
Highlighted

Contact the NUC resolutions team to get both the master code and the NUC.

View more options
Highlighted

In my case, when I restart with the new SIM, it jumps directly to ask for the SIM PIN. It does not ask for the unlock code

View more options
Highlighted

If it asks for a SIM network unlock PUK code; that is the master code.

If it just asks for a SIM PUK, then you need to get that from the network SIM provider.

View more options
Highlighted

That's what I am asking for the master code but all i get from nucro solutions is an auto automation email how to get a nuc I have tried so many tomes does anyone have the master code

View more options