Solution

Unlocking Galaxy S6

jackhenson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There

I have my unlock code details from vodafone:

Here is your code 39575319

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

However, it does not make sense. I have a Galaxy S6 and I can't type letters - NUC on the keypad to complete the code. I then thought that maybe I'm supposed to put the code at the top in replacement of NUC, and nothing happened. Also after all this, I reloaded my phone with the new SIM anyway, and it says "Network PIN blocked. Please enter PUK code". My friend put his SIM in and the same thing happened to him. So, I got PUK codes from Virgin Mobile AND Vodafone and still none of them work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Jack H

119 REPLIES 119

That makes more sense which brings me to the next question, where do I get this code from?

Exactly!  This is the code I keep asking Vodafone for, but the support people aren't trained on this issue and don't understand that it's Vodafone that have used this to lock the phone, and it's not the same as an NUC.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'll need to access both of your accounts to look into this further and make sure you both receive the correct codes 😊 

@Mzieq Please follow the private message link provided by @John to get in touch with us. 

@hughdunford I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact us also. 

This problem affects all Samsung phones from S6 to S8, maybe others as well.

My S8 is now unlocked.  Someone at nucresolutions understood the problem.  Basically, the phone needs two codes:

1. Master code

2. Network unlock code

Vodafone needs to train its staff on this issue as it took many phone calls and pressing over several weeks to get it resolved. As soon as they hear the words 'sim lock' they assume it's the sim card that's locked.  I only had the will to pursue this because Samsung technical support assured me that it was a Vodafone issue and to keep pushing for a resolution. 

Hi Hugh

I seem to be having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Express 2.  I have the NUC code from Vodafone but it doesn't work so I reckon I also need a master code first.  Can you tell me how you got hold of the master code?  Is it the same as a PUK code?

Cheers

David

No; it's not a PUK code, though nearly everyone at Vodafone will tell you it is and they will tell you it has to come from your new network provider.  They are wrong.  It comes from Vodafone.  Go to their nucresolutions team and keep asking until they give you a mastercode to go with the unlock code. 

OK, thanks for the clarification.  I'll keep on at the NUC team and hope it doesn't take too long.

Cheers 

David

Hi @hughdunford. I've been reading through this post as I have the same issue with my S6 and you appear to have a good understanding of the problem and how it can be resolved. How do I actually get in contact with the NUC resolution team though. Is there an email address, private message address or do I have to wait for someone at Vodafone to read my posts and eventually reply? Many thanks,  Stewart

You need someone at Vodafone to give you the email address.  I've tried to post it here before but it won't let me.  If you need it quickly try calling Vodafone support, they will be able to give it to you.  When you contact the NUC resolutions team, make sure you give the full details as per my earlier post, including the requirements for the two codes.  You get a standard response by return, but they usually come back properly 1-2 days later. 

Thanks for the reply and your previous updates, very helpful.