Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VoLTE Provisioning for Motorola G7 Power

TACSman
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Motorola G7 Power running Android 10. I am trying to enable VoLTE but can not get it to work. Looking in phone data (*#*#4636#*#*) shows it a 'not provisioned. I have it enabled on my Vodafone Account.

VoLTE works fine when an EE sim is installed.

How can I get VoLTE provisioned?

11 REPLIES 11

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @TACSman 

To be able to use VoLTE 4G calling, you will need to activate data calling here: Data Calling 

Looking at the list of supported phones the Motorola G7 Power is not on the list of supported devices and that may well be the cause of your problems, the G 7 Play and G8 Power are on the list and there is no reason for it not working.  I would suggest contacting Vodafone and requesting them to send the settings manually, but they may well mention the phone is not supported by the network.

It looks like you would benefit from some help and advise from the Social Team here Contact Us if you contact them they give the best advise. 

AnnS; Many thanks for the prompt reply. Phone works fine on all other call types. I'll follow your suggestion and contact Vf directly.

One hopes that with the pending demise of 3G, more phones will be provisioned for VoLTE to allow continuity of service, otherwise it's down to good old 2G for now...

hrym

People have reported being able to get the issue escalated to Tech Support who can force the settings to your phone.  I have a G8+ and had a discussion with the Social Media team a while back that centred round the APN, but I believe it's a bit more than this.

As Motorola runs pretty much pure Android, it's reasonable to assume that settings that will work on one model variant will work on them all, so it's worth trying (I haven't yet).

I do agree that VoLTE should be universal, though.

Thanks Hyrm. I'll see if I can get to speak to a human at Vodafone as attempts via 'TOBi' have ended in frustration.

It does beg a question about how they would handle a subscriber porting from another operator, where VoLTE worked, to Voda to find that 4G Calling now didn't work. 

hrym

Your best bet is probably social media.   There, you can leave the matter with the team and wait for them to escalate it in the background.  You may need to be a bit insistent (as I said, my discussion revolved around APIs).

There's a degree of frustation over Vodafone's implementation of WiFi and VoLTE calling, why they've adopted a non-universal system and whether it's somehow better than (say) EE's in the way it works when available.

Do let us know how you get on, and particularly whether it works with a non-listed device.   (I'll have a go at getting the settings for the G8 Play if it does).

I'll try a direct approach... I don't do WatsaInstaSnapFaceTok etc..  VoLTE works fine on my G7 Power with an EE PAYG sim.  I'll let you know if I  get anywhere...

hrym

Most companies run customers ervice via social media these days, so it's worth setting up an account just for that (you don't have to post photos of every meal you eat, or anything 🤣).  You have the advantage that the initial contact is public, too.   Twitter is probably best and you can give minimal information about yourself and make the account as private as you like.

Using 191 or Chat means you have to hang on the end of the conversation while they sort it out.   With social media, you can post, go away and then wait for a reply.

Many thanks for that.. I'll seriously consider it.

This thread was helpful to me - I'm just in the process of trying to get VoLTE enabled on my (Sim Only) Motorola G7.

Not there yet, but (as you've said) all the G7 variants (G7, G7 Play, G7 Plus, G7 Power) are pretty much the same as far as networking goes.