Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail ring time

gladtobegrey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have found how to change the voicemail ring time by using **61*121*11*[number of seconds]#.

However, contrary to what the website says:

"A confirmation message will pop up on your screen with your new ring time"

the confirmation message I get doesn't confirm the number of seconds that have been set - it just says:

"Call Forward When Unanswered Registration was successful".

Is there some other code I can use to query the number of seconds currently set for voicemail to kick in?  I have searched/Googled without finding anything. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you dial *#61#, you'll get a reponse telling you the ring time.   If that produces the figure you want, all is well.

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry you haven't received the confirmation message, confirming your new ring time @gladtobegrey - I appreciate how frustrating this must be. You can change how long your Vodafone mobile rings for, from 5 to 30 seconds, in 5-second intervals (default is set to 15 seconds) 👍

If you'd like to update these settings, I'd recommend restarting your phone to refresh your network connection and trying again. If you still need help, please don't hesitate to pop us a message.

hrym

I extended my ring time a while back, but I don't remember a confirmation message with the time.   Can you get someone to call you, then time how long it takes before going to voicemail?  Mine seems to have worked, so it's probably OK.

I'm taking it, then, that the answer to the question I asked ("Is there some other code I can use to query the number of seconds currently set for voicemail ") is "No".

I have tried this numerous times and it doesn’t work

the only message that flashes up is “MMI code started”

hrym

If you dial *#61#, you'll get a reponse telling you the ring time.   If that produces the figure you want, all is well.

Others have said they just get a message "MMI code started" and nothing else.  I, too, got that message, but if you wait, you eventually should get a message telling you how many seconds until the voicemail kicks in, like this:

Call forwarding

Voice: 121 after xx seconds

So, patience, mes amis!

Steve010
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I too get this message. I have tried rebooting the phone and trying again but still get the message ??

hrym

Has the ring time actually extended?  If so, all's well.

I too am having trouble extending the ring time. when I type **61*121*11*30# all I get is the divert message. I have tried all the things you have suggested (rebooting my phone etc) . Can anyone help ? my phone is a Samsung Android.