Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Texting and calls not working

ThaBenka
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I broke my S10 recently, put the sim into a different phone and it recognises it, data works etc. but I can't send or receive texts or make and receive calls. Google just tells me the same things over and over again, "make sure airplane mode is off" etc. and I've tried everything, even resetting the phone, but still texts and calls won't work.

Any answers that will actually fix it will be much appreciated :Smiling:

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ThaBenka 

Would it be possible you have 'do not disturb' activated?

I would try taking out the SIM, before replacing the SIM turn the phone on without the SIM, give the SIM a gentle wipe reinsert making sure it is firmly correctly inserted. Follow this with a network scan > settings > mobile networks, select any other network when the phone rejects the request, reselect Vodafone. Depending on the phone you are using check the device here: Device Guides 

It's also possible it may be a network issue at the location, follow the steps here: Initial Steps and template this will guide you through the process of checking for faults at the location and also narrow down where the problem may be.

Very often a SIM works perfectly in a previous phone and starts to do some strange things when inserted into an alternative phone.  If you are passing a Vodafone store they will be able to check the SIM and if necessary, complete a SIM swap in store.  You can order a replacement SIM here: SIM swap 

BandOfBrothers

Hey @ThaBenka 

Would it be possible just to try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out a sim card issue. It's rare for the sim to be at fault.

Also some Samsung phone's have two different text apps downloaded.

Make sure your using the Samsung text app.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.