Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Website widget problem

blackshuck
4: Newbie

I have a Motorola G8 running Android 11 - I've previously saved several Google sourced websites to my home screen as widgets via the " add to home screen " option .

A few days ago , I noticed these links had all disappeared - I reinstalled them , but this morning I noticed they've all gone again - any ideas what's going on ......?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm wondering if your phone is syncing with Google or something else that's taking them off @blackshuck 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Slightly OT, but when did your G8 get Android 11?   I didn't think it had been released for the 8 series yet.

Can't remember exactly - got the phone in July ( running Android 10 ) & it updated to 11 about a month later .....

hrym

Oh.  Had mine for a couple of years.   Got 10, but still waiting for 11.

gordon8wp
4: Newbie

Sometimes it's all about update issues, but also may occur with launcher updates as well. But honestly, I've had couple of issues with displaying fav icons on my home screens, and those occurred just because developers didn't know how to make correct adjustments in html tags. Articles like b vs strong html with guide and comparison tables can show that not every developer know the basics of coding, using HTML.

razamehmood
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

A web widget is a component that can be added to a website or application as a stand-alone feature. Website widgets are relatively easy to set up, with copy-and-pasteable code blocks you can embed into your website without changing (or even fully understanding) the entire code framework of your website host.
[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]