cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When will Google Pixel 5 be provisioned for WiFi calling?

DrDroid
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I can't seem to activate WiFi calling on Pixel 5 and after taking a look in the *#*#INFO#*#* menu I can see that VO WiFi is showing as unprovisioned. I obviously went through the steps to enable it again on my account and received the text confirmation however no WiFi calling option is available in the Phone app settings as per usual.

After a very length support chat I finally got told that Vodafone don't support WiFi calling on Pixel 5.

Any information out there confirming when it will be enabled?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's working for me now, I worked with technical support and they said they found a bug.

You'll need to disable WiFi calling in my Vodafone via the website or app. Wait until you get the text and then turn it back on again. Once the text comes through saying it's been turned on your phone will be provisioned correctly for WiFi calling.

Good luck.

View solution in original position

44 REPLIES 44

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I have seen posts from people where they have had their phone's working with Calling Over WiFi however that's typically an exception to the rule.

The best place to keep checking is wi-fi-calling 

Right now it shows as 'Google - Pixel 3, Pixel 3XL, 3a, 4, 4XL'

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Extremely interested in this also. I just received the Pixel 5 also and I'm admiring the Edge icon on the status bar. Obviously, no WiFi calling either.

PS: Wifi calling/Volte on Pixel 5 are working at this hour on Three, EE and O2.

It's my first experience with Vodafone and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.. Hopefully it will be sorted asap..

The lack of WiFi calling is pretty annoying for a phone that is meant to be all about the software and user experience. Given that other networks in the UK are offering it already I would really hope that it is offered as a matter of priority.

Someone just told me it also works on BT Mobile...

I have another path which I'm pursuing with technical folks at VF. Stay tuned...

BTW I've discovered that wifi calling won't be available for payg. So if you're in that camp you have your answer.

Thank God, I'm on contract.

Hopefully your path will work for all of us..

hccarey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Having the same issue - spoke to customer services to get it activated, they ssaid 'all sorted'. I recieved the text to say it would work, but the settings still aren't showing on the phone.

Have they told you what you are supposed to do? Like restarting the phone etc?

I've also not got WiFi calling. After I got through the first line of customer service who wanted me to text calling and reset things. I got through to technical support after a lot more faffing about they finally told me that the pixel 5 doesn't support WiFi calling, they said they got this comfirmed by their manager.

I hope this is just a temporary problem.