cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When will Google Pixel 5 be provisioned for WiFi calling?

DrDroid
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I can't seem to activate WiFi calling on Pixel 5 and after taking a look in the *#*#INFO#*#* menu I can see that VO WiFi is showing as unprovisioned. I obviously went through the steps to enable it again on my account and received the text confirmation however no WiFi calling option is available in the Phone app settings as per usual.

After a very length support chat I finally got told that Vodafone don't support WiFi calling on Pixel 5.

Any information out there confirming when it will be enabled?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's working for me now, I worked with technical support and they said they found a bug.

You'll need to disable WiFi calling in my Vodafone via the website or app. Wait until you get the text and then turn it back on again. Once the text comes through saying it's been turned on your phone will be provisioned correctly for WiFi calling.

Good luck.

View solution in original position

44 REPLIES 44

There's no option to force / prefer WiFi calling it kicks in when mobile network signal is weak.

You can test it by putting phone on airplane mode. Then turning WiFi on. Then any calls you make should be WiFi calls.

On OnePlus devices you can set WiFi calling as preferred but haven't seen that on other phones.

Is that a Vodafone limitation because I've just stuck my other halfs EE SIM in and out let's me choose between WiFi preferred or mobile network.

I live in an area where the signal is pretty poor, evidently not poor enough for the switch over - so the solution seems to be leaving my phone in aeroplane mode at home. Ridiculous

This worked for me, although by using the app and not the website which gave me an error message. As soon as I restarted after receiving the text, the option appeared in the settings section of calls in the Phone App. Thank you!

I'm currently going around in circles with customer services - will keep you updated!

Pixel5man
1: Seeker

I had same issue and they said they sent settings etc. But still didn't show. The I spoke to another guy who simply sorted it whilst I was on phone on my WiFi. It appeared in call settings straight away.

Don't know what he did but works perfectly now so it is something that the right person there that knows what they are doing can do immediately.

I attach screenshot

Screenshot_20201108-190336.png