cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When will Google Pixel 5 be provisioned for WiFi calling?

DrDroid
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I can't seem to activate WiFi calling on Pixel 5 and after taking a look in the *#*#INFO#*#* menu I can see that VO WiFi is showing as unprovisioned. I obviously went through the steps to enable it again on my account and received the text confirmation however no WiFi calling option is available in the Phone app settings as per usual.

After a very length support chat I finally got told that Vodafone don't support WiFi calling on Pixel 5.

Any information out there confirming when it will be enabled?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's working for me now, I worked with technical support and they said they found a bug.

You'll need to disable WiFi calling in my Vodafone via the website or app. Wait until you get the text and then turn it back on again. Once the text comes through saying it's been turned on your phone will be provisioned correctly for WiFi calling.

Good luck.

View solution in original position

44 REPLIES 44

This is ridiculous... It supports Wifi calling on every other UK network, except for Vodafone...

They'll just need to add it for some sort of approved list or something equally trivial. I'd cynically say it was a ploy to get people to buy sure signal, but they don't even sell those anymore...

Hello!

I spent a long time on with vodafone activating/deactivating wifi calling on my Pixel 5. And gave up, they were annoying me and asking me the same questions over and over - and telling me that their supervisor said I needed to install a new update.

But I also wanted an esim and realised voda now offer these, I swapped my sim to an esim and lo and behold once I did wifi calling option appeared and is working. Might be complete coincidence?

Peter

can i ask how you did this Peter, 

I can't find the setting to switch to esim!

Go to account, account settings and swap your sim. It was a really quick straightforward process, which is highly unusual for vodafone!

How long did it take to receive the email eith the code from Vodafone? I'm still waiting from yesterday...

Literally a couple of minutes. Old sim stopped working, email came through with encrypted PDF containing esim and instructions. Took all of 5 mins all in.

I've had esim since yesterday and I don't have WiFi calling.

Thank you! 

Sadly no luck for me... Says I requested one already 🙄

It's working for me now, I worked with technical support and they said they found a bug.

You'll need to disable WiFi calling in my Vodafone via the website or app. Wait until you get the text and then turn it back on again. Once the text comes through saying it's been turned on your phone will be provisioned correctly for WiFi calling.

Good luck.