Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-Fi Calling on Motroloa G62,5G

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having issues getting the Wi-Fi calling up and running on the Motorola G62 5G

The Wi-Fi calling has been activated on my account but the options are not showing up in the handset settings Vodafone do have this phone for sale on there website I was wondering if this phone is not supported yet or Amy ones has ant further information 

i spoke to Motorola about the issue and they said I need to reciecve a silent carrier network update to have the Wi-Fi calling enabled on my device as feature is off my default but when correct settings are reciecved the feature will turn on 

please advise 

Chris Smith

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

The supported devices are here Data Calling 

Although the phone does not appear to be supported it is quite capable to use the feature.  You can try asking Vodafone to send the data calling settings file to the phone but there is no guarantee it will work.  If you refer to device guides, Motorola phone work the same way here: Device Guides 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Iaccording to Vodafone irs supported that’s exactly what I was asking the settings but when I ask Vodafone they resort back to script they pretend I don’t no what I am talking about who do I go to to make this happen 

please advise 

chris smith 

AnnS

When you speak to Vodafone @Anonymous ask them to send to OTA data calling settings file to your phone, when this has been receive you will have the feature in your call settings and will be able to toggle it on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took it to a Vodafone store store on advice of  Vodafone/voxi tech support and they sai I need the ota settings update sent when I go back to them they belay dim like they don’t no what I am talking about some agents I am sure read from a script and seem to have an inability to move away from the script think outside the box 

please advise 

Chris 

hrym

I have a G8+ and tried to get the settings sorted but CS (via Social Media) seemed to think they were in the data settings.   I know know they aren't, so you need to get the request passed on to tech support who can send the necessary file.   As Vodafone supplied and support the G8 Play, I'm pretty sure the settings would be the same.  (I haven't got round to pursuiing this yet).

I don't know about later models, but as Moto run almost pure Android, I'm pretty sure the settings for one model (or at least one range) would be the same across all variants.

ajosborne
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Vodafone are choosing not to support your phone because you didn't buy it from them.

But try checking your IMEI on their wifi calling checker here.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/set-up-4g-calling/ 

If they say your device doesn't support WiFi calling but you know it does and they even sell that device then it really means they are choosing not to let you have it on YOUR phone.