Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling on Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite

Vixwc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am unable to activate wifi calling on my S10 Lite as the wifi calling option does not appear in the Settings menu. The software is up to date and wifi calling is part of my Vodafone package so can't figure out why its not available in the Settings. Any advice gratefully received! Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Vixwc 

It won't show up in your phone's settings until Vodafone set it up and or you activate it in your myvodafone as it's a sim card driven feature.

Vodafone do say “ All the devices on this page will support WiFi calling when you buy them directly from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling, with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless.

Devices might not be compatible when bought from third parties, we’re working with these other manufacturers to add our settings. ”

The below may help but if not please don't hesitate to call customer services on 191, Live Chat or via Twitter or Facebook engage with the Social Media Team's. Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll walk you through the set up.

From How-do-I-set-up-WiFi-calling. 

“ If you can't find how to turn on WiFi calling on your phone, check that it's turned on in your My Vodafone account:

• My Vodafone > Services and Extras > Calling options
  • My Vodafone app > Manage Bars & Extras > Buy and manage extras > Calling options   ”

And

deviceguides.vodafone.Turn-wi-fi-calling-on-or-off.  and Vodafone wi-fi-calling. 

Calling Over WiFi Set up. Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling over WiFi.
"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.