Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

missed call notifications

tednsharon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When I have finished chatting to my caller if they hang up first, I receive a missed call notification - it is SO annoying.  How do I cancel/stop it, please?  My phone is a VDF900

15 REPLIES 15

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tednsharon - It sounds like your ‘slam down notifications’ are set to active in your voicemail settings.

This means, if someone calls you and reaches your voicemail, although they hang up and don't leave a message, then you’ll receive a text.

Please follow the below steps with how to stop this from happening:

• Call 121 from your Vodafone mobile
  • Press for the main menu
  • Choose option 4, then option 3
  • Select option 5
  • You can then choose to activate or deactivate this service.

If this doesn’t resolve it, please let us know. :Smiling:

I've already tried this and my slamdown is de-activated.  The missed call notification happens when I've actually spoken to the person who called me and as soon as we finish our conversation and hang up I receive the missed call alert!  I can have a list of 6 missed call notifications from two days - but I've spoken to all of them!

so so annoying.

What else can I try?

Thanks - Sharon

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @tednsharon, I'm sorry to see that this hasn't solved the issue.

Do you have the latest software update installed on your phone? If not, please download this to see if this helps. To do this go to Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for updates > Download any available software updates > Click install.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please remove then activate your voicemail again to refresh the service via the steps listed on the page I've linked.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks I'll give it a go shortly.

Wow I also have this problem. Is it a fault with Vodaphone?? My model is N8

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @c00keez, have you tried the steps posted near the top of this thread by moderator @Tash? Give that a try and let us know if it helps at all. 

My slam down notification is turned off but I get a missed call notification after hanging up.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dave_Tee If the above steps in our thread haven't resolved things, we'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

So we can access your account to reset your voicemail settings, please follow the details that I've sent to you in the private message that you'll receive shortly. We'll then be in touch to help.

My phone is still doing this, but is currently at Vodafone repair due to battery loss.  I'm hoping that when I get it back in a couple of days it will have sorted itself out!  I'll let you know.