Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

moving from 3

ggr
4: Newbie

hi, I have a S9+ which I bought from 3 a few years ago. I am wanting to move to Vodafone but wondering if wifi calling will work.

6 REPLIES 6

ggr
4: Newbie

so it makes no difference that i bought froim 3 and can use it as if i had the phone from vodafone

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ggr 

There's lots of information on the official Vodafone support page wi-fi-calling. 

Vodafone do have a disclaimer saying l.....

All these phones support both WiFi and 4G Calling when bought from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK network providers and third parties are unlikely to support Vodafone WiFi and 4G Calling – with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless. "

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thank you.

just phoned customer services and they are adamant as long as my phone is unlocked wifi calling will work - very confused.

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate it's confusing @ggr 

Android is open sourced which is why Vodafone would be cautious.

The 3 network will have put their own flavour of android on the phone if it was supplied by them which remains even if its unlocked to all Network's 2hich can cause conflict with other Network's features.

The disclaimer is in place for a reason.

So it's an informed decision to proceed or not. 

Current Phone  >

thank you. wifi calling is essential but as my phone is my safety feature i need to be certain. i will look at options thank you all for your help

BandOfBrothers

@ggr wrote:

thank you. wifi calling is essential but as my phone is my safety feature i need to be certain. i will look at options thank you all for your help

You're very welcome for our help @ggr 

I'm not sure why Vodafone Customer services is circumventing their own very clear disclaimer on their own website !

We've seen posts where some have had the feature working on their own phone's and some haven't so it maybe a case of try it and see.

If it does not then you can look at changing the firmware and CsC on your phone to that of a Vodafone one, but this has to be done carefully.

There's some great tutorials and posts on xdadevelopers.com and sammobile.com on how.

Would you let us know how you get on with this please ?

Take care.

Current Phone  >